Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't figure out if this will give off enough light, help

Posted by kathy77 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 10:46

I'm thinking of ordering this fixture for my dining room. The dining room is also the main hub of my home, it's a hallway with the kitchen, living room, and hall all connected, not a side room just used for eating. The reviews on the fixture are good, but seems many of the people used this in baths, halls, and bedrooms.

Of course I tried to Google for info on the bulbs, 40-watt gu10 bulb equivalent, but am still confused. Must be getting old!
This site seemed informative.
http://www.beaconlighting.com.au/energy-saving/energy-faqs-answers

Here is a link that might be useful: Chandelier from Overstock I'm considering

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't figure out if this will give off enough light, help

Probably not.

It really depends on the size of the space to be lit and the bulbs installed. If the bulbs have parabolic reflectors, you will get pools of light. If the bulbs are LED, depending on the output rating, you may /may not get enough light.

o
RE: Can't figure out if this will give off enough light, help

It's not the amount of light that I wonder about, but the direction. Looks to me like the light shines right down. So I'm not sure I would pick it for a fixture if you want ambient light throughout the space.

KarinL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here