Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LED strip lighting questions

Posted by nursecynthia (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 26, 14 at 2:12

I'm facinated with LED strip/tape lighting. I am thinkning of using it under my kitchen cabinets. I especially like its low profile. Does anyone have recommendations? How bright should it be to be a true task light? Most of the strip lighting I've seen connects to a 12V plug, can these be hard wired?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LED strip lighting questions

The answer is yes. A link has been posted in response to your previous inquiry

o

I'm installing strips behind the toe kicks this weekend, accompanied by a motion sensor. Fun project.

o

Brushworks, where will you plug them in? I would like to do that on my stairs and on my front walkway. We have a step-down from the carport to the front patio. I am always afraid someone will fall.

o

I looked at many types of LED under cabinet lighting, bought some and returned it, read reviews for hours and searched online.
I came to the conclusion that these Quoizel tape lights are the sturdiest and easiest to install and that is what we are using.
On one side of the kitchen the thin wire with the plug will go up inside the cabinet and plug in he receptacle in the cabinet where the microwave plugs in.
On the other side we are putting a new receptacle above the sink and will plug them in there as not to have plug in wires visible on the backsplash.

Here is a link that might be useful: Quoizel tape lights

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here