Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
to install cree cr6 led,halo icat housing or cree housing?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 1:15

I am going to buy Cree CR6 lights. The HD's Ecosmart LEDs only have Edison base. I am living in CA and it might be better to follow the code. So I'd like to order Cree CR6-800L GU24 base online.

Which would be better for me to do, order Cree Retrofit housing online or buy Halo ICAT housing at HD?

Thank you very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: to install cree cr6 led,halo icat housing or cree housing?

Shop around at another nearby HD. They should have GU24 base CR6s by now.

Quite a bit of the queries have been dealt with in the LED recessed discussion.

Here is a link that might be useful: LED recessed discussion

o

Thank you, David. I saw ecosmart 575 lumens with GU24 base at HD online. I only saw ecosmart 625 lumens with edison base at HD. I don't know if the 625 lumens also has GU24 base.

Thanks for the link. I read the LED recessed discussion. Looks like the Halo ICAT housing should work fine with the Cree CR6 LED light. So it does not matter which housing I choose, Halo or Cree ICAT retrofit housing. Am I correct?

Thank you very much.

o

The 625 and 800 lumen lamps also come with the GU24.
It does really not matter which housing manufacturer you pick so long as it is 6". Halo has its own LED lighting, so it is more likely for them to push their proprietary connector.
In that case, all you need is the GU24 pigtail.

o

Thank you very much, David.

I saw Halo H750RICAT housing which is CA title 24 compliant at Home Depot. So I can purchase those cans, have the contractor snip off the orange Halo proprietary connector and connect to the GU24 pigtail that comes with the Cree CR6-800L light. Am I right?

Thank you very much.

o

Yes

o

I guess I'm glad we don't live in CA. Buying the Halo 6" housings and the Ecosmart CR6 bulbs and trim from HD tomorrow for our kitchen remodel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here