Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
illuminating floor area of coat closet

Posted by Mardo (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 23:27

In my current house our foyer coat closet allows for the ceiling light to come on when the doors are opened. Ceilings are 8'. But the closet is full with coats and my frustration is that the light doesn't penetrate through the coats to illuminate the floor area where the boots, shoes are stored. So I'm constantly on my hands and knees pushing long heavy coats aside looking for shoes, making a worse mess as I throw a mini tantrum in the dark.

In our new home our ceilings are 10'6" so the front closet is tall. I'm looking for ideas/suggestions on how to incorporate additional lighting around the floor area so the closet is illuminated from the top and the bottom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: illuminating floor area of coat closet

Some ideas for starters

http://www.led-lighting-systems.net/index.cfm?dsp=gallery&img=11

http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/678358/list/Quick-Fix--Easy-Toe-Kick-Lighting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here