Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarends

Utilitech Under Cabinet LED Lights Not Dimmable?!

sarends
11 years ago

OK, I don't do this every day (buy LED under cabinet lights), but DW and I bought (actually DW) went to Lowes during our remodel and bought Utilitech Pro hardwired under cabinet LED lights and now that we are at the final stage where the electrician comes back and finalizes (this is theoretical only) everything he cannot get the dimmer to dim the Utilitech LED lights.

When we were buying the lights we did realize that neither the package nor the specs on the packaging said a word about being dimmable or not being dimmable. Our electrician said that every time he has installed under cabinet LED lights they have been dimmable. So, we plunged ahead - aaaarghhh.

So, I googled and googled the topic and I did find a thread where someone said they couldn't get a dimmer to work with their Utilitech LEDs.

And, I can't find that they (utilitech) even have a website.

So, it looks like I will be returning them unless someone has another idea? We would keep them if they were in fact found to be dimmable. We do have the original packaging so there will not be a problem returning them other than our hassle of having the electrician come and uninstall them and then having to re-install them.

Is it possible there is a way to get a dimmer to work that our electrician hasn't thought of?

Comments (5)