Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k9fan

two ceiling lights in small entry?

k9fan
12 years ago

We are remodeling and have enclosed an existing front porch to become a front entry to our home. The new entry space is 6 1/2 feet deep by 13 feet wide. The two doorways (from the front yard and into the living ) are at the right side of the entry.

Our architect designed this space with a single, centered, ceiling light. I was thinking that it would look better with two lights, each about 40" from its side wall. My thinking is that there would then be illumination (almost) directly both over the person entering or leaving, and also at the farther end of the space, where we will likely have plants or a decorative feature.

Whether we have one light or two, we are planning to have only one switch, with a dimmer.

Any comments? The architect says two lights may look crowded in this small area. I am thinking that two recessed lights would be less obtrusive than a single ceiling mounted fixture and that the light distribution will be better,but that's just a gut feeling. My husband is ducking out of this :-) and will go with what I recommend.

Comments (2)