Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with LED under cabinet & glass cab lighting

Posted by kateskouros (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 24, 11 at 19:08

hello, i'd like to use warmer LED lighting for under cabinet lighting with dimming capability. they will be hardwired. would i just use some kind of bar? there are so many types (bars, strips, etc...) how do you decide which type to use for which application?

my glass front cabinets have wooden shelving and i'd like to use a very low profile LED to line the fronts of the cabinets. would i use the bendable strips here or something sturdier?

and lastly, our electrician went ahead and installed pucks in the very top cabinets. is there an LED replacement bulb i could use that would fit in the same housing?

thanks for any info. i know NOTHING about lighting!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with LED under cabinet & glass cab lighting

Check the LED UCL DIY

As far as I know, there's no good way to retrofit LEDs into your halogen pucks. The DIY should answer everything else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here