Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
nice looking sensor lights at least 60W?

Posted by cheerpeople (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 22, 11 at 18:37

Do you have any ceiling lights to suggest that turn on only after dark and when they sense movement? I'm talking about inside my home- like inside the front door, or on a stairwell etc so I want it to look nice, not like a flood light.
I'd be nice to not have to fumble for switches.

I have found a nice $10 GE LED night light that has a nicely working sensor and really does pic up motion 20 ft away but it's .5 Watts and not pretty.

thx.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: nice looking sensor lights at least 60W?

This can be done with any fixture you like by using a sensor on the ceiling or wall that communicates with a special switch or dimmer. See the link for an example.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lutron Maestro Wireless

o
RE: nice looking sensor lights at least 60W?

Leviton also sells motion sensor light switches with timers.

Some of the switches require a neutral in the switch box, other do not.

Check you switch box before purchasing.
If there are black and white wires going only to the switch you have a switch loop and NO neutral.

Here is a link that might be useful: Leviton motion and timer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here