Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone heard of DMF lighting?

Posted by amandasplit (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 17:17

Hi! Thanks to the help of davidtay we are finally starting to understand our lighting choices.

For our kitchen, we are trying to choose a 4" LED housing/trim combo.

Has anyone heard of DMF value line? This option would be about $100 and was recommended by our local lighting store. She suggested a 3000k option with 800 lumens.

The other two options are Halo H4 + housing or the CR4/GU24. (These would be about $60 and $70.)

How do we choose? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone heard of DMF lighting?

They have been around for some time. I'd venture to say that the cost is higher given the smaller production run and distribution network compared to Halo, Cree or Sylvania.

In addition, some counties may have subsidies on lamps such as the Cree CR series.

o

That's good to know. So quality wise, do you think there is a difference?

o

I don't think there is a significant difference, but I never seriously considered 4" led recessed lighting as cost effective solutions until the CR4 appeared.

o

Thanks so much! I'm pretty sold on the CR4, but need title24 compliant cans. We ended up buying the Halo cans at HD, do you think these CR4's would work in the Halo can? It doens't exactly say it's a GU24 connection anywhere.

http://www.polar-ray.com/Cree-CR4-575L-GU24_p_416.html

o

Which Halo can did you buy - the H99ICAT?

The GU24 is the connector. If you see a screw in connector, that is the E26 base. Unless you want to modify the can, you need to get the E26 base CR4.

There is some info on the kitchen recessed lighting link on title 24 compliant cans.

o

We got the h995ICAT with the orange connector thing (not Edison since that's not title 24 compliant). Is the orange connector a gu24 base? Or is it some halo proprietary connection?

o

Halo proprietary. The Cr4 gu24 should come with a GU24 pigtail which is meant to be spliced to the wiring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cr4 install pdf

o
Cr4 pigtail

Snip off the halo connector and use the pigtail instead.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here