Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adapting Globe fitter size to larger fixture?

Posted by karl_in_ny (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 11, 13 at 17:14

I have four glass globes which have the very common 2 1/4" fitter diameter. Probably the most common size, actually...

I'm looking for some wall-mount "porch lights" (1930 or so vintage look) and everything seems to have a larger fitter, like 3 1/2", for example, like all the jelly-jar fixtures.

Are there reducing rings available anywhere to adapt a fixture to use a smaller diameter fitter glass globe? I have searched my usual lamp supply places to death and find nothing. My friend with a lathe estimates this would take him all day to fabricate.

Surely, there must be fitter-reducer rings available somewhere, especially down to 2 1/4" common size...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adapting Globe fitter size to larger fixture?

Yes you can purchase a glass shade adapter, one source is in the link

Here is a link that might be useful: vintage lamp parts

o

I'm trying to go the other direction...reducing the fixture fitting rather than increasing it, to accept a smaller globe rather than a larger one.

o

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Perhaps if you call that company though they would be of assistance. I have purchased things from them before and they have been quite helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here