Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rar2_gw

MR16 Help Needed

rar2
11 years ago

I need to sort out the lighting for my kitchen by Monday morning. I have spent countless hours at lighting stores, researching online and speaking with electrician/architect. I would greatly appreciate any information that forum members can offer to make the right decision.

Kitchen is 200sf with 8'2" ceiling height
There will be 2 pendants over a peninsula and LED under cabinet strips

I would like to go with Contrast Lighting Remodel Housing IT3000LM (magnetic transformer) with T3450 trim, which has a light reflector.

All of the lights will be outfitted with Phillips Eduraled 10w MR16 lamps with 36 degree beam spread, color 2700k

I am wondering if I can place these fixtures with this lamp 48" apart or if I will have hard cones of light on the floor and not the ambient/general light that I am after. If so, I can go with 10 fixtures. Alternatively, at 36"-42" spacing I would need 13 fixtures. All of these lights will be on a single Lutron Diva magnetic compatible dimmer.

Has anyone tried the Enduraled (formerly called Ambientled)? Is the dimming good on these lamps? Is there any buzzing associated with the lamps? Also, I have been told by Contrast Lighting customer service and the folks at the lighting store that the magnetic transformers will not create any buzzing. Has anyone experienced any buzzing with their magnetic transformers?

Any help/advice/personal experience that you could provide would be enormously appreciated! I have been pulling my hair out over this for a week and just need to pull the trigger. Thank you so much!

Comment (1)