Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to shop for a dining room pendant?

Posted by cevamal (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 15:38

I live in a small town so my B&M options are limited to Lowe's, Home Depot, and a local electric shop. I haven't found anything I like in any of them.

Online, however, the options are completely overwhelming! I'd like it if the sort categories were "reasonable options" v. "crazy stuff you'll have no interest in". ;)

We bought this one but it came torqued. A washer was welded improperly so it hung crooked. I was going to replace it but Amazon had a month lead time on the same one, plus I'm not convinced they won't all have the same problem.

This one was about $200 but I'd be willing to pay a little more for better quality.

Any tips on where to look or what to look for?

This post was edited by cevamal on Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 16:58

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to shop for a dining room pendant?

I feel your pain. I live in the Washington DC area and even with the multiple lighting stores in the area, I had trouble deciding on my lights. I found that the lighting stores had very limited floor models and expected me to purchase from a catalog. I have had good experiences with Kichler, WAC and Z-Lite.
My Kichler light looks very similar to yours and they have many others that are similar.
The Z-Lite ones I purchased are in their Nikko collection and are not similar to your style. But the quality of the lights is very good and am pleased with them. Z-Lite has many other collections and you may find something similar to yours.

o

I always look to amazon when making a lighting purchase. At this time, I am looking at these two lights for my home. Really looking to spruce it up before summer time :).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXPY0GY

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J0F93PY

I like crystal lighting, but want a quality fixture.

o

I've had excellent results ordering from ylighting which may be too modern but has only high quality (sort by price) and lumens.com. I got a great dining room fixture from lumens. Y has great customer service.

o

I, too, spent a lot of time looking at light fixtures for my dining room. I decided to stay true to my 1950's MCM house's roots, and wanted a sputnik style fixture. The best priced fixture I could find is made by possini, and the best price i found was at lamps plus. I ordered on line, it was not bad to install, and the fixture looks great.

Today, though, if I were looking, I would try to find an LED fixture. The selection gets better - seemingly every week -- and it wins the energy use/heat generated issue hands down!

Here is a link that might be useful: Possini fixture

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here