Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help finding a lighting part

Posted by charles_von_hamm (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 23, 11 at 15:01

A friend of mine is restoring a gorgeous late-nineteenth century torchi�re of palatial proportions. The fixture has a marble base and is of bronze with cherubs, nymphs, etc, and is topped with a large flame globe, very similar to this:

Except for one thing.

His globe is about 16" to 17" tall and has a fitter size of approximately 7".

He would like to have an extra. Anyone know of any leads?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help finding a lighting part

He's lucky to have the original - I expect that it will be hard to find one that size.

This site has similar globes, although they don't show one as large as your friend's. They may be able to get other sizes, or at least tell you who the manufacturer is.

Other than that, he should try eBay (set up a search) and call every lamp restorer on the continent.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grand Brass Lamp Parts - flame glass lamp shades

o
RE: Help finding a lighting part

Hi Charles,

That glass is still manufactured and is sold by American DeRosa Lamparts. They're a wholesaler and may not sell to the general public, but I'm sure they can tell you where you can buy it from. They have several sizes available.

Here is a link that might be useful: American DeRosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here