Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fyi...portfolio lighting at Lowes

Posted by sturdy (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 27, 09 at 14:55

I just realized in my hunt for lights that the Lowes brands Portfolio and Bel Air are the same as Trans Globe. The Lowes version is definitely less expensive ($209 at Lowes vs $309 online for Trans Globe and another was $899 vs $1100). Thought I would let everyone know...but maybe I was the only one who did not know this:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fyi...portfolio lighting at Lowes

I have ran into that same thing only the other way around. I think it depends on the fixture. I was looking at an outdoor light for $109 at Lowes and the same light was $49 online. It was branded as Transglobe online.

o

Belair was for Home Deopt, but they are no longer a client of transglobe. Transglobe is sold to us....lighting show rooms, then Portfolio is Lowes brand....however there are some things that are ONLY at Lowes

o

We saw Juno track lights at the lighting store and then visited Lowes and found their Portfolio is labeled Juno. Are the tracks and heads the same quality? (It's like a John Deere at Lowes is not offered at all at John Deere' site and can't have the warrenty from John Deere.) Is this the same kind of deal with lighting?

o

I can confirm what the previous poster said. Lowes 'Portfolio' track lighting is OEM manufactured by Juno. I went to Lowes today (10/26/10) and saw one of their employees type a Portfolio track lighting part number into their system and "Juno" came up in the title and description.

My situation was I needed a >50w Portfolio fixture in black and Lowes didn't even sell one, which meant, as far as Lowes was concerned, that they didn't exist. I kept asking myself who makes Lowes Portfolio track lighting? I am glad I have the answer now.

Also, I have the slightly thicker Portfolio track with a third ground wire which is labeled 'contractor track' This deeper track is compatible with a Hampton Bay fixture I tried from home depot. Unfortunately Depot doesn't stock a fixture that meet my needs either. I am excited to find these alternative fixtures, without having to replace my track.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here