Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replace Eyeball Lights

Posted by tmal14 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 13:57

I have a sloped ceiling approx 35 degrees in my family room. We are looking to replace our outdated eyeball lights with something more modern/in style.

I checked the fixtures yesterday and they are Halo/Cooper 6 inch that are normal, not sloped ceiling specific cans. We need decent general lighting since these lamps are the main source of lighting for the room from above. We have lamps and sconces too, but they don't provide enough general lighting for the room alone. We also have the same ceiling and eyeball trim look in our bedroom.

Does anyone have any ideas on what we can use to get rid of the eyeball look?

We've looked at different trims, but with the slope it really has limited our options, unless there are other trims that help diffuse the light down and not shoot it out of the ceiling at a weird angle because of the steep slope.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here are some pictures of the room from before we moved in

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replace Eyeball Lights

If you intend to continue using downlights, something like
http://www.lightinguniverse.com/recessed-can-lights/con-tech-lighting-rl38a-6in-sloped-housing-recessed-can-light_g5607.html?isku=89770&linkloc=cataLogProductItemsImage

Alternatively, you could use cove lighting and / or pendants/ chandeliers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here