Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reasonably priced alternative to this lamp?

Posted by kitmu (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 11, 10 at 13:49

Hi there -

I've been searching for years to find a lamp for my LR which has no overhead lighting. I realize that one lamp will not do it all, but I need something to be the main light source. I have the pendant version of the Leucos Vittoria in my DR, which I love because the 200 watts of halogen lighting are bright and the white glass shade doesn't swallow up the light. It's also clean, modern, and compact, all important characteristics.

The standing lamp version has gone up from about $900 to about $1500; it was out of reach to begin with and now is hopeless. I can't realistically go over $500, which seems like PLENTY to me, but what do I know??

Can anyone help finding a reasonable approximation?

Here is a link that might be useful: Vittoria floor lamp

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reasonably priced alternative to this lamp?

Kitmu - I meant to suggest that you post this on the Home Decorating forum, not the lighting forum. Sorry for the confusion.

o
RE: Reasonably priced alternative to this lamp?

OK, I'll try that...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here