Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Aged Pewter Finish Chandelier

Posted by kerrys (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 20, 11 at 13:20

I'm not finding the chandelier and pendant I want for my kitchen remodel and it is very hard to tell exactly what the finish looks like online.

I want traditional fixtures with a finish that is more "brown/bronze/gold" than the typical "antique pewter" finish, which is silver. I purchased Delta Lockwood aged pewter faucets for my bathroom remodel, and just love the color!

If anyone has any tips on judging the finish color online or has a fixture with a similar finish, please let me know.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Aged Pewter Finish Chandelier

You may want to check on Hubardton Forge; beautiful stuff if its your style.

o

Yes, Hubardton Forge is one of a handful that offers a range of finishes on many models. We're in an "issue" with HF on a large pendant so I cannot yet enthusiastically recommend the company but we are happy with a number of their fixtures we have elsewhere in our house. One of the reasons why we went with HF was we wanted a particular colour (and we liked their quality and style).

o

After having hung about half a house worth, I would tend to agree that assembly and hanging can be a bear with a few of these.

Its as though the artists who design and create them also provide for the assembly and installaiton parts and instructions. Simple things like short mounting screws (plate to box) and clumsy instructions can make these a booger to hang.

My hand and I both commented that the "average" homeowner without honed skills could indeed have a hell of a time.

But beautiful stuff nonetheless and now that most are up, we certainly enjoy them - the glass is spectacular!

o

Here's one at overstock 12 light vintage pewter chandy and only $81.99
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here