Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
master bed lighting layout

Posted by landscapenewb (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 23, 11 at 11:04

So I have a couple weeks coming up when the SO will be out of the country. I want to make a few upgrades in the master bedroom to surprise her when she gets back. I am wondering what people think of this design. (the recessed lights would hopefully be on a dimmer)

Few questions: location of recessed lights good? too many/not enough? can size/wattage of lights? any other thoughts???

Photobucket

thanks all for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: master bed lighting layout

Looks good. I'd use regular 6" cans, and possibly LED Recessed Bulb kits

o
RE: master bed lighting layout

Are the 3 cans on the left going to be over your bed? If so, make sure to put switches on each side of your bed. First build we only put them on Dh's side. (I'm warm and snug, he's not home, I have to reach to his side of a king to turn off lights. Current build has a switch for the 2 on my side and a switch for his side.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here