Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arts and Crafts style lighting ideas needed!!

Posted by basketcase-2008 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 18, 10 at 10:37

We are building a Craftsman style home and we want to keep the same theme in our lighting inside and out. Does anyone know of a grouping or family of lighting that has all rooms included in it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arts and Crafts style lighting ideas needed!!

Try Kichler. For instance, their Chicago collection is Craftsman style with both indoor and outdoor fixtures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kichler Chicago Collection

o

Have you looked at rejuvenation.com? They have a lot of beautiful lights that are craftsman in feel. I like their exterior lights that are craftsman (better than the colonial style I'm looking for). We have several of their lights in the house and they are all well made.

o

A terrific source for all Arts and Crafts resources is American Bungalow Magazine and Style 1900 Magazine. We used the following in our Craftsman-inspired house:

Old California Lantern Company www.oldcalifornia.com
Arroyo Craftsman - www.arroyo-craftsman.com
Schoolhouse Electric - www.schoolhouseelectric.com
Rejuvenation - www.rejuvenation.com
Hudson Valley - www.hudsonvalleylighting.com (most reasonable)

In the case of the first four, we customized every light, including shade color, length, etc.... The people at Old California are fabulous to work with as well as the Schoolhouse Electric folks. Feel free to contact me with any specific questions.

We had the luxury of attending the Grove Park Arts and Crafts Conference before our house was finished, so we were able to see some fixtures there and custom ordered a dining room fixture from Old California at the show. It is fabulous.

o

Denise, you should post pictures of your house. Or parts of it. It's gorgeous. Okay, I'm your sister, but still, it's really well done. You guys worked hard.

o

Yes, PLEASE show pictures! Im an addict. Someday I have to find a real craftsman house.

I did a couple of craftsman rooms a few years back. I hunted ALL over, believe me. I found a website that deals mostly in that style. I bought most of my lights and even a few tables from them. Its a small operation, but choice. Do check it out. Its called The Bright Spot. Run by a retired couple who have a passion for the period. They carry a lot of those brands mentioned above.

If you find a series you like, even if they dont have it in stock, they can get it for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Bright Spot.

o
RE: pictures

Forgot to say...for some reason pictures on their site take a long time to load for me. Not sure if it's just me...or small bandwidth on their site. But it's worth the wait, since you don't have to weed through acres of non-craftman lighting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here