Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Matching fixtures in hall and bathroom

Posted by woody_2010 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 26, 11 at 2:59

I have a bathroom at the end of a long hall. The bathroom door should stay closed, but often it is open. I have a polished nickel schoolhouse ceiling fixture in my newly renovated bathroom. The question is: would it look odd, or nice, to have two similar fixtures in the hall that leads to the bathroom, but in a different metal finish (say, antique brass instead of nickel), a slightly larger size glass shade (10 inches instead of 8 inches), and on pendants rather than semi-flushmount (because of higher ceiling). I can't figure out whether the similarity would be pleasing, or whether it will just look like I tried to match and couldn't.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Matching fixtures in hall and bathroom

Something like this is pretty subjective. I won't even try to answer this because of that (and also because my approach to lighting is much more utilitarian than most folks').

You are the one who will live with it. My best suggestion is to try it and see how YOU like it. That's what counts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here