Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please give input on lighting design - number and placement

Posted by cspencer (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 0:35

My husband and I have purchased a new house and are remodeling the great room. We are deciding on lighting for the room, and would welcome any input you may have on the number and placement of light fixtures. We are utilizing mostly recessed fixtures/cans to maximize the views out of the two large picture windows we have added to the room.

This is the fixture choice we've made, so please don't criticize this aspect of the plan.

This is a vaulted ceiling, with the side walls at 8' and the peak at about 10.5' Our electrician plans to use PAR 30 halogen bulbs for the cans.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please give input on lighting design - number and placement

Why halogen lights?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here