Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Track Lighting?

Posted by murphysf (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 0:26

Hello

I would like to add some track lighting to my living room. There is currently a ceiling fixture inside an exterior door. This door is almost never use so am thinking of installing the canopy over the j box in the ceiling and then running straight track for 16 feet and then a right angle for another 8 feet, so an L shape. I'll go over my room size and existing lighting details in another post. In this post I want to focus on what brands of track lighting and fixtures are good to go with.

I am looking for recommendations for track lighting companies and or brands of the hardware. What is out there besides Lowes, Home Depot and Lamps Plus, I am located in the San Francisco bay area, but internet or mail order could work as well. I don't need really high end stuff nor do I want junk. Also it would be nice to know which types of track accepts the most receptacles and or from other manufactures. Or maybe I go with the same company for everything so it would be good to get some references for companies that have a good selection of light fixtures and or a deep catalog. Looking for the best band for the buck. So who are the players for the low end (VW), mid end (Audi), High End (Mercedes)? (Sorry for the car comparison which may not be accurate)

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Track Lighting?

Lumens.com and ylighting.com are good websites to review for track lighting. Are you looking for contemporary or traditional? A few lines that I have seen and considered for a living room where I did not want recessed lights are:
Bruck Lighting
Translite Sonoma lights
WAC
Tech lighting

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here