Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
murphysf

Track Lighting?

murphysf
10 years ago

Hello

I would like to add some track lighting to my living room. There is currently a ceiling fixture inside an exterior door. This door is almost never use so am thinking of installing the canopy over the j box in the ceiling and then running straight track for 16 feet and then a right angle for another 8 feet, so an L shape. I'll go over my room size and existing lighting details in another post. In this post I want to focus on what brands of track lighting and fixtures are good to go with.

I am looking for recommendations for track lighting companies and or brands of the hardware. What is out there besides Lowes, Home Depot and Lamps Plus, I am located in the San Francisco bay area, but internet or mail order could work as well. I don't need really high end stuff nor do I want junk. Also it would be nice to know which types of track accepts the most receptacles and or from other manufactures. Or maybe I go with the same company for everything so it would be good to get some references for companies that have a good selection of light fixtures and or a deep catalog. Looking for the best band for the buck. So who are the players for the low end (VW), mid end (Audi), High End (Mercedes)? (Sorry for the car comparison which may not be accurate)

Thanks in advance!