Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor Fixture Inside

Posted by abd1 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 10, 11 at 0:05

Is there a problem with installing an outdoor fixture inside? We're remodeling our master bath this year and I like the look of some of the outdoor sconces that have a nautical/latern type of look. I'd like to install 1 in the entry way to the bathroom, more for decoration and less to light up the room.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor Fixture Inside

I don't see why it would be a problem. You do what you like.

What kind of problem are you referring to?

o

I can't think of any problem at all. The only difference is that outdoor fixtures are designed to exclude rain and moisture.

o

"The only difference is that outdoor fixtures are designed to exclude rain and moisture."

Most are just designated to let it drain (no traps to hold water) and make no real attempt at keeping it out.

Even with gaskets and seals condensation is going to occur inside the fixture.

o

Outdoor fixtures are fine inside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here