Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
under cabinet lighting

Posted by craig1510 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 12 at 11:59

I was given two undercabinet flourescent lights that are direct wire type. I was told I can use lamp cord between the light and electrical box which was previously installed in the cabinet. Is this permissible and if so I found 2 gauges a16/2 and 18/2 and if not what type of cable/wire does anyone suggest? I only need 2' at the most. The lights have their own on/off switch and come with a small, maybe 3/8", clamp that goes in a small knockout in the side/ends of the fixture to hold whatever cable/wire I use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here