Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bedroom lighting? HELP!

Posted by patrushka_ma (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 08 at 7:22

I have a very small bedroom (11.5 x 11.5)with a huge French bed that has a 5 foot fabriced headboard and carving on the outside. The walls are done in the same fabric so the space thing is really not an issue. I cannot find good reading light. I currently have a pharamcy floor lamp on each side of the bed because they take up so little space but they really have to go. Has anyone seen any lighting that would help me? I thought of a sconce on the wall above the bed but it they don't throw light down, just up. Could I make recessed lights invisible? Are there any elegant clip on lights that I could hide when not using that could clip on a 2" thick headboard? Has anyone seen a ceiling light fixture that is not centered, but would be over the bed near a wall? I am stumped - thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bedroom lighting? HELP!

I recently purchased the most beautiful lamp from an online store. The lamp is a Tiffany Style, 27 inch, with lots of color and an oversized shade. The amazing dazzle it brings to the bedroom, especially when lit up, really makes the room for me. The design of my bedroom is a bit bland and I haven't had time to paint, but this burst of color on a long table in the bedroom has me motivated and inspired.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here