Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice needed for a Pass Through LR to Closet

Posted by Zippity-do-dah (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 23:54

Our new laundry room will have a pass through to my closet. Dirty laundry will just be pushed through to laundry side and clean laundry pushed right back to my closet. Grins!

Advice is requested. The size of (current) pass through is the size of a doorway. The laundry room side will have a counter crossing right over the door sized pass through.

GC recommended a bottom opening so we can just push the baskets back & forth with our foot. I'm partial to having it counter top height to limit bending over. There will be some kind of door to prevent excess humidity from the closet. A clothes rod going through the pass through was also recommended but it would interfere with the door.

Any ideas? Anybody have a pass through already? I'd love any recommendations please!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice needed for a Pass Through LR to Closet

Will your washer and dryer be atop pedestals? If so, then perhaps a pedestal height shelf below a counter might be another solution? This would free the counter space and somewhat reduce stooping.

Consider installing a bathroom fan in the laundry space with a timer wall switch to alleviate the need for a door between the closet to address humidity. When running, your dryer also acts as an exhaust fan additionally aiding in humidity removal.

o
RE: Advice needed for a Pass Through LR to Closet

Hi Fahrenheit -

I will check right away for bathroom fan in laundry with our GC. Very GOOD point!

Washer & Dryer will not be up on pedestals...but your idea is a good one.

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here