Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with options... 33' deep laundry closet, left vent

Posted by lmm1845 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 3, 10 at 23:32

Hi folks! I've been beating my head against the wall. Thought I had figured it out and was going to buy the Bosch 500 series but then found out that the info I had was wrong and that it only vents RIGHT.

I have about 33" deep, 78" wide closet. it has an old rear vent and a newer vent that is on the left and goes directly to the outside (vent length is just the depth of the wall).

With how shallow the closet it is, I really want to use that left vent but want to see what dryers you know of that vent left?

I want the biggest capacity that I can squeeze into that closet of course! :)

Sounds like whirlpool is an option, but I wasn't sure about their quality...

Recommendations from those of you that have already been through this??

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with options... 33' deep laundry closet, left vent

I'm sorry the Bosch 500 series only vents from the back or the right. They are fantastic products and our customers REALLY like them.

In terms of some other options, I know the GE Profile: PFDS450ELWW vents left, right, and back. It's capacity is 7.5 cu ft. This is just off the top of my head, but don't fret!

You are right, Whirlpool is an option and Maytag might be as well. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Want to laugh and learn about appliances? Read our blog!

o

Shucks, clicked on this thread to read about a bodacious 33 foot deep laundry closet! LOL

o

My LG dryer vents to the left. We had to use that option because our laundry closet is also only about 33" deep. We ordered the vent kit off Amazon and it was easy to install. I will try and take a pic to post tomorrow to give you an idea what it looks like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here