Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux New Line Washers/Dryers on HOLD until end of 2014

Posted by georgect (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 23:12

I just wanted to share this with any one who was interested in Electrolux & Frigidaire washer and dryer lines.

We were supposed to be introduced to a new washer and dryer line up in spring of 2013 then it got pushed to the end of 2013. December is here and gone and no new washers/dryers.

So I emailed Chris Polk and got a response from Jennifer of Frigidaire's Social Care Team.
Here's the letter...

Good Morning George,

Thank you for staying in touch with Chris and us directly. Chris has transferred to a new division but you have reached the new social care team. We did research your request and at this time, what we believe Chris was speaking to you about, our laundry appliances were put on a brief hold from launching. We are actually looking to relaunch our laundry appliances for both Electrolux and Frigidaire brands by the end of 2014. The reason for this hold is we have redesigned and launched an entire line of new cooking products.

We have your information on file and will contact you when we receive any new updates for laundry products. Please make note of our new email address if you ever have other questions.

Kindly,

Jennifer
Frigidaire Social Care Team
1(800)374-4432
Monday - Saturday
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (EST)
Personal/Direct Fax: 1(706)447-6287

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux New Line Washers/Dryers on HOLD until end of 2014

WOW!!! Yes, they were originally supposed to launch one year ago, and now they delay them another year. Sounds fishy to me!!!

While I love my Miele W4842 washer and T9802 Electric Dryer....there are several features I would like to have, and since Miele no longer makes full size washers...I figured Electrolux would fit the bill. Odd!!

o

Probably trying to find an even lower wage country than Mexico to build them in.

o

Good for them! Maybe they found a quality issue and instead of just shipping defective product like a few brands would have to make their bottom line shine, are instead fixing it before release to insure a good customer experience.

o

I agree with LaundryVet. Nothing fishy about wanting to be sure something's ready for release before letting it fly. It sounds to me that they launched a new cooking line, and didn't want to it to overshadow the launch of the new laundry line.

It's not uncommon to hear that something new is coming soon....and continue to hear about it for a year or two before it actually materializes. ;-) I've been happy with my 'lux pair, but I'll be interested in seeing what new things they're coming out with.

Cj

o

Or that the redesign has to do with the new UL rules that I've read about.

Cannot have dryers that use an exhaust tube(?) as they can start fires (or perhaps a more stricter testing of such). Need to have the washer remove more water so that the new type dryers can dry the material(!).

Did read that the current type dryers are no longer being made since they don't comply with the new "safety" standards.

o

One day the safety standard will be that you may not do your own laundry, must send them out to be environmentally cleansed by government inspected and approved facilities. You will be issued two shirts and two pairs of trousers each year and 3 new sets of undies every two years.

o

Looking for a "LIKE" button for Fordtechs comment. :-)

o

Thanks for the info!

I have been waiting for the new release.

I wonder if they will elinimate the push doors and the button on the dispenser tray.

If I want the add water feature, should I buy the current machines? Do you think this will be eliminated with new regulations?

If I bought a dryer in teh next few weeks, would it be to "old" standards?

Thank you!

o

I found the claimed new UL requirements interesting & did a search. see:
http://www.appliancemagazine.com/ae/editorial.php?article=2328&zone=215&first=1

for an article. Also saw a CPSC staff pdf proposal that also included the idea of lint sensors in/for the vent tubes as part of providing feedback to the consumer; would include some sort of alarm either visual or audible (wonder if that will apply to laundry facilities in either public or apt complexes.

See the fire containment for 7 hr unless the test fails in which case no UL approval.

But this is under the "voluntary standards" & a manufacturer can just not include that the dryer doesn't have UL approval to sell the dryers? The new UL 2158 standard did take effect on May, 2013.

Haven't check on any UL updates for washers....

My washer & dryer is stacked in a laundry closet & will have to get a brand/model where the current dryer can just sit on top of any new washer.

Dryers are going to be quite expensive!

Consumer groups are going to protect us even if they have to kill us to do it.

o

I use an Electrolux vacuum and remember the name from when I was a child. So I made the mistake of buying an Electrolux refrigerator, built in Mexico. They had to replace it 3 times and the one I have still has defective rubbers on the doors. I'm just saying, you might want to try another brand than Electrolux.

I also own LG washer and dryer and I'll never make that mistake again either. They have both broken and aren't even 5 years old yet.

I recommend extended warranties on any appliance you buy today.

o

Any updates with this new line? I need to purchase a W/D for a new home and am wondering if I should rent one until these new units come out.

o

No new information yet.
Electrolux has new lines of appliances coming out and they don't want the laundry line clashing with the release of the cooking line.
As far as I know, the laundry line is still supposed to be released at the end of the year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here