Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Removing dried Ball Point ink from inside dryer

Posted by Doug1461 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 22:23

I had a ball point ink pen explode inside my dryer and left its mark no pun intended inside have tried the hair spray idea with no success along with Mean Green so what's the next suggestion anyone has I rent the house so need to fix problem right away
Thanks
Ink mark disaster

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Removing dried Ball Point ink from inside dryer

DO NOT MIX THESE TWO TOGETHER!

Try rubbing alcohol (if it does work, be sure the rinse with water, alcohol is flamable.)

Try bleach if alcohol doen't work.

Once again DO NOT MIX ALCOHOL WITH BLEACH!

o

Use goo gone! It works wonders and is non toxic and totally safe to use inside the dryer. You can even use to to pre treat stained or greased clothing before washing it in the washing machine! Its just a natrual citrus extract. I use the goo gone gel spray, not the pro goo gone, just the regular! Spray it on a paper towel or old towel and just start to wipe it right away!

o

Refurbished a dryer recently that had the white drum stained blue from denim jeans. Found that lacquer thinner (not paint thinner) took the stain off.

o

I used to use something called Vandal-X many years ago and it worked on basically anything.
I found it here, though haven't seen it in stores for decades.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vandal-X

o

WD40 worked well for me with crayon stains. I basically sprayed it on several layers of paper towel and wiped off. Did a couple loads of rags laundry to get rid of the smell.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here