Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bob_51flyer

Fisher&Paykel GWL10U - Not Draining Prior to Spin Cycle

Bob_51flyer
10 years ago

I'm getting error code 37. Water isn't draining prior to the spin cycle. I've reviewed many blogs, and I completed all the suggested diagnostics, I've replaced the diverter valve, and I've checked for clogs in the pump. The situation I'm experiencing isn't described anywhere that I've found.

At the start of the Spin cycle, the water is recirculating, so the pump is working. Within a few seconds of trying to start the machine on the spin cycle and as the water is recirculating, the agitator lurches just a little like it wants to spin and then stops. It does this again 10 to 15 seconds later and stops again. There's no peculiar sounds, etc. After several minutes, the error code pops up and the recirculation stops.

Is this a main board issue? Thanks in advance!

Bob...

Comments (5)

• dadoes
    10 years ago

The board can fail such that it keeps the diverter powered constantly, which will prevent the machine from draining. There should be NO recirculation during drain, of course. Recirculation should occur ONLY during the Eco Active wash phase at start of the cycle (except not on Perm Press), and possibly for a few seconds (after a brief fill) at beginning of the agitated rinse (to flush the recirculation hose, fill continues after the flush).

A test for such board failure:

Fill the machine with some water, to approximately the low level.

Disconnect the power cord for 10 mins, or long enough to ensure the diverter is completely cooled.

Reconnect the power. QUICKLY turn the machine on to any cycle (Regular), advance to the final spin and Start. If it drains OK at first (for a minute or so) then begins recirculating, the board is bad.

• Bob_51flyer
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tried to put some water in the tub. It won't take more water. It just wants to continue to recirculate.

• dadoes
    10 years ago

No need to add more water if there's already enough. Assuming the board is bad, there needs to be enough water in the tub so it doesn't all drain out before recirculation starts again on the test, to get a visual of the recirculation to confirm the diverter has (improperly) shifted (back) to recirculate mode.

• Bob_51flyer
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Success. Was able to fill tub in diagnostics mode. Ran through your test. Water started draining. Within about 15 to 20 seconds, draining stopped and switched to recirculating.

Looks like I'll be purchasing a Motor Controller board as an early Christmas present...

Thanks for the help!!

• Bob_51flyer
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Success. Was able to fill tub in diagnostics mode. Ran through your test. Water started draining. Within about 15 to 20 seconds, draining stopped and switched to recirculating.

Looks like I'll be purchasing a Motor Controller board as an early Christmas present...

Thanks for the help!!