Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone buy from Miele Unboxed (Canada)

Posted by lip2000 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 10, 09 at 21:39

Hi,
In Canada Miele seems to have taken over the sales and service for their products. Yes, they still have dealers but you buy the service plans through Miele and the dealers are just order takers with no room for movement on price (perhaps others can comment on this).
In Brampton(Ontario), inside their distribution centre they have a "store" called Miele Unboxed which sells Miele products that are demos, been slightly dented or have just been unboxed for whatever reason. The prices are very attractive. They come with a 1 year warranty but you cannot buy extended warranties...
Anyone from Canada have experience buying from Miele in this fashion?

This is the site:
http://www.mieleunboxed.ca/Default.aspx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone buy from Miele Unboxed (Canada)

I haven't been there, lip2000, but I'm definitely going to give it a try since I'd like a Miele vacuum. Try looking for feedback about it on redflagdeals.com in the home & garden forum.

o

Hi,
I just picked up a T9800 for about $1000CAD which is not bad. What is great is that the lady said they literally just unboxed it from the warehouse(this place is their warehouse for Canada) to match a 4800 that was at a store that just arrived. So I basically got a brand new dryer for 25% off.

They didnt have the matching washer I wanted (4840) but she said they get stuff all the time.

I really think the best deals are the dishwashers as they have a crazy discount and Miele make without question the best dishwashers. They had a bunch of high end ones last Thursday but they were already gone with the exception of one today (they had a lot of lower end units still left).

o

It is only open Thurs, Friday and Saturdays. I went on a Friday, and it was not busy....no one there but me...and later 2 other couples showed up as I was leaving.

The lady there was not much help....more interested in surfing the net on her computer...and only gave me yes/no answers to my questions. Kind of put me off as I could not get the information I wanted.

So do all your research on line before going....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here