Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
problem with kenmore 80 series washer

Posted by lori1323 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 28, 09 at 20:00

This washer will operate 99% of the time properly on small water level; on medium or large size loads the water does not stop filling; it just runs over until you turn it off; every now and then the small load will do it but mostly it works fine on small.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: problem with kenmore 80 series washer

You didn't provide a specific model number ... so I'm assuming it's a toploader. Confirm that the water level pressure tube (runs from an air dome near the bottom/side of the outer tub up to the water level switch in the control panel) isn't loose at either end. 2nd choice is replace the water level switch. Parts diagrams can be seen at www.searspartsdirect.com searching by the model number, which likely starts with 110.

o

model number ?

It may be a bad/leaky/clogged Pressure Tube that connects the Water Level Switch in the Console to the Tub.

If loose on the Switch, you may be able to cut off an inch ..

Blow through the Tube to see if it's clogged ...

Make sure it hasn't come off the Tub connection and it's snug.

o

water wont stop running, i checked the hose and it was clear, i checked the dial by blowing into the end and heard a click. i just don't want to start replacing parts that i don't need. also, if you pull the power the water does stop. I am stumped.

o

Difficult to answer without a model number.

Water level switches can fail such that the contacts stick internally even if it "clicks."

Please clarify: Water continues running (but stops when the power cord is unplugged) in all timer positions (off, spin), or only in the usual fill positions (wash, rinse). Note that the "rinse" section on the timer includes multiple actions, rinse fill occurs only at a specific position, usually indicated by a dot.

o

When this occurs, does the machine start washing but the water keeps running? Perhaps the water valve is sticking open.

MRB

o

A valve stuck open doesn't stop when the power is disconnected, requires shutting off the supply faucet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here