Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pderas_gw

Combo Washer Dryer Questions

pderas
13 years ago

I'm a kitchen and bath designer researching combo washer dryer units for a client with a small kitchen who wants to incorporate a washer and dryer.

Looking for anyone with any personal experience with a washer/dryer combo all-in one appliance.

How does it perform?

After some research I have learned that virtually ALL of these appliances are washer-condensing dryers WITHOUT a heating element.

That means they dry by running on ambient air temperature for about six (6) hours after the wash cycles complete.

I got this information from a kindly customer service guy at LG (thanks). He promised to take my request for a vented model to the "powers that be".

This will work fine for those people who want to load up the machine and head off to work, coming home to find their clothing done and ready to be put away (maybe a bit wrinkled from sitting for a while).

For those concerned about leaving a water-using appliance running while they are away, this is not workable, unless they wait until the wash cycle is done to leave.

For those who will be bothered by their washer dryer running for seven (7) hours while they are at home, this will also not work.

For those who understand the drawbacks to gain the space, it could work.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio