Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore Elite Top load damage/replacement

Posted by fastonetime (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 2, 11 at 19:32

Hi there, sorry for the late reply, i was gone. Sears came and checked and the needed to order me a new, suspension rod, suspension hanger, whole new cabinet, because it has a long 4 inch dent. Total of about 500 dollars. So the Sears Exective told me to call him if they needed to order parts. I called him and he set me up with a new PA Replacement of my choice, up to 1600. I talked with the Sears tech and with the Sears Executive about brands and what ones are better than others, what ones they barley work on or replace. And they both told me the same thing. They said LG has been having their own issues, GE stay away from front loaders, Whirlpool Front loaders are excellent, also are Electrolux. I have till monday morning to decide on a new washer, i am really thinking of going with the Electrolux wave touch, i saw it in stores about 2 years ago and really liked it, just didnt have that kind of money back then for one. They only have it avaliable in, Silver and White. The Red and Green-Blue were on back order for another month. I really wanted the green one!

I was going to go with another Top Load like the one in the photos, but the Sears Tech was asking me, what were you washing? I said a queen sized comforter, he said, that thing weighs a ton when wet, doesnt it? I said i dont know, i also said to him, for 1600 it should be able to wash anything. He said it got unbalanced during spin and banged the cabinet sides, then somehow push itself upwards during all that and slammed the suspension rod into the corner of the hanger cracking it in half, making the tub fall and dent the front of the cabinet. After he told me that, i didnt want to go with another top load. He said with stuff like big comforters, front loaders can handle them better. I think at a price of 1600 it should handle anything! What do you think, am i making the right decision?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore Elite Top load damage/replacement

That is pure nonsense they fed you about the TL.

It can handle LARGER loads easier than the FL and if they don't think FL's get off balance then he is dreaming.
The EXACT same thing can and does happen to FL if something is faulty with the machine.
Also IF you always have large loads then that FL is more likely to have premature bearing failure within 3-7 years.
It is just simple laws of physics that dictates that because of the load angle on the bearings in Fl's.

So far ours has only "almost" got off balance once, it then stopped itself and self corrected and continued the spin cycle with zero problems.
We have had some really oddball loads the past week and it handled them all great.
One was a over sized Queen down comforter (basically King size) and was washed with a 2X3' heavy thick bath rug at the same time. No problems at all.

About 5 days ago my wife washed that same 2x3' rug (dog pee'd on it this time") and was by itself! nothing else with it and it still handled it beautifully was a little shaky (just the tub) right at first then just leveled right out and was rock solid spin with very VERY little vibration with just a single rug in it, don't even know how it does that actually because all the weight is on one side.
We have a HUGE load going as I type right now even.

*pause* I hear it starting to drain water getting ready for the spin, I am going to go check it out since this is the "heaviest" load we have done so far. Takes a lot to fill this tub up, this is several large bath towels, 4-5 pairs of jeans, a dog blanket, hand towels and etc.
Loosely loaded it came up to the absolute top of the tub, which the Queen comforter and the King size comforters have done also but once those are wet it goes right down to about 1/2 the tub.
This was a LOAD.

*OK back*

Sat and watched the whole spin cycle, was a tiny bit jittery (just the tub) at the very beginning which is totally normal but as soon as it started to really spin it just leveled right out and was no problem at all.
All through the spin cycle you can hardly tell it is spinning as far as vibration goes, can not feel it through our hard wood floors at all, no noticeable vibration of the machine, only when you place your hand on it can you feel any vibration at all.
The tub inside you can tell is vibrating back N forth a little but is really quite solid.

I am still very impressed with this thing.

One thing I did notice on this particular load was if I do another load just like this I would add water for the first part of the wash cycle, was so many clothes that I think it should have been either put on Bulky cycle or if on Cotton/Normal then add water once.
But it still washed everything great anyway.

Yours "banged the cabinet sides" because something was wrong with that machine from the get go, same thing would have happened with a FL if something was wrong with the machine.

Ours does not even come close to banging anything, long before that would ever happen what it is supposed to do is STOP! That is what the "accelerometer" does.
If that is faulty then you got problems, but something was clearly wrong with your machine is why this happened.

I would not listen to some Sears lackey that probably knows less about washers than most on this website do.

You might very well get a FL and love it and never have a problem with it for 10+ years.
Same with a TL though, you just got a dud and that can happen no matter what brand or type.

o

Nothing wrong with the washer to start with except the creak/squeak(correct me if I am wrong) It had been spinning your large loads great had it not? The Sears Tech left something loose or installed wrong is what caused all the problems--Servicer Error. I also feel that some techs are not trained properly on some of the newer machines, but that is JMO.

o

I know sparky, the one who came to inspect the damage, was the one who first came out about the squeaking, odd huh? do you have chat? or im sparky?

o

Ahh, I thought the "creaks and groans" were basically a symptom of the problem and the so called service people just made it worse and screwed the pooch completely.
Either way, this was not a normal thing for that washer if it is anything like ours.

This was a faulty washer or an idiot service dude or both.

o
RE Kenmore Elite Top load damage/replacement

it was both, so stupid! I actually am thinking about getting the new 70 model electrolux. You all heard about the rubber shavings on the clothes, that the door boot was rubbing on i think the first generation model back in 2009, i heard they fixed that with the 65 and 70 model, true? Anyone have had sears install their washer or dryer? how was the install? My local sears is a hometown sears, owned by independent owners. They contract their own install people, so its not really sears. This time i asked for the "real" sears to install my washer! sorry if i have typos, im a little drunk right now, trying to relax my mind and soul after about 2 weeks of washer hell. The electrolux washer wont be aval, until the 16th! :O( what do i do with all my dirty clothes? Get a rock and head to the river i guess? Think i should use HE Tide?

o

Why not just have them replace it with an LG WT5101H which is only $750 and pocket the $900?

Basically the same washer or better and $900 in your pocket.

o

I dont think they will do that. I had constant problems with a VCR(back in the day) and they got tired of fixing it and swapped out. I had a set amount to spend and if I got something cheaper they got to keep the money. The policy may have changed since cause that was years ago.

o

In that case I would just say I want my damn money back period as the washer was clearly defective.
Then just go out and buy what ever I wish.

o

I wished i could do that, but with the Sears Master Protection it doesnt work like that. I bought my first washer, the Kenmore Elite FL, by LG, on sale for 1100. its original price was 1599 at the time. Well when they offered me a replacement, they go off the non sale price, to give you credit to go to the store and buy up to the original price, allowing you to upgrade your washer or other appliance, very nice i thought and i did take the replacement and i thought i would use up as much of the 1599 credit i had, i mean why not?

If i did go with an LG for say, 799, then when it breaks down i would get credit for the non sale price of 1199. I like having a credit of 1599 because i have more options to me, for a replacement if this ever happens again! I hope i am wording this all right!

o

That 57 LKM is looking better and better LOL

o

ohhhh I forgot this was a replacement for a $1600 washer that died.
K never mind.

Basically you can just keep replacing whatever might suit you I guess, but personally I wouldn't give up on HE TL because you got both a defective washer (that could have been totally shipping related damage) and then an idiot repairman.

In general you are likely to have more problems with a FL than a TL.

o

I have to wait until the 16th to get a electrolux washer, the silver and white are only avaliable then. The green which i really want, or the red are on backorder until mid january, really sucks! But the green Kenmore Elite and Purple and White one, FL made by electrolux are avaliable to me in 2 days. Funny how they push the Kenmore brand so much, so its either wait to do laundry or give in for another Kenmore Elite. Ugh they make this so hard!!!!!!!

I REALLY like the Whirlpool Vantage washer and right now its on sale, within my price point to get, but i bet by monday it will be back up to 1999. I have to make my Final Final decision on monday, if i want a washer soon!

o

Vantage:

WASH PERF-VERY GOOD
ENERGY EFFI-VERY GOOD
WATER EFFI-EXCELLENT
CAPACITY-EXCELLENT
GENTLENESS-GOOD
NOISE-VERY GOOD
VIBRATION-EXCELLENT
CYCLE TIME 80 MIN

TOTAL SCORE 75/100

This is a nice looking machine but dont you think it is just a Cabrio with lipstick--meaning it is $2000 and will wash the same as a $600 Cabrio/Bravos. In fact in ratings the BravosMVWB300W ranks almost identical. Only difference is Vantage is a little quieter. The Bravos is 30 min shorter for a cycle and scored 73/100. I am NOT trying to talk you into a $600 machine, just saying the "working" of the machine is no different. Just got the fancy controls and does look SHARP...For me all of those machines seem way too stingy with water, at least the ones I have seen on You Tube. AND YES, Sears pushes the KM, that is why I have the dishwasher I do. I think their commission is more on the KM name.JMO

o

i really really like and want the vantage but, i dont know if it will still be on sale on monday and also i have seen that it uses little water, unlike this lg, or kenmore. I do agree that sears pushes kenmore. But to make one product more avaliable more than another seems wrong to me.

o

They are only out for profit, not right or wrong. Can you not go tomorrow and get the Vantage? If you are dealing with a small town Sears they may close on Sunday. Used to be one where I live back when they had catalogs and you could order. It has been closed now for several years and the owners are both passed away now. Miss those days. IF you can exchange one more time, then go for the Vantage, then if it isnt to your liking, go with Lux if that is your next preferred model. Personally, I like the look of the Maytag Maxima, but that is just me. I do like the Lux I saw at Lowes too...Will you get the Vantage in that dark grey/black whatever they call it? I dont even know what they offer it in colorwise. Does the new impeller in that machine have those rubber(I think they are) strips on it and it seems to stand taller than the ones in the past. I saw those in the new Bravos.

o

I do like the maytag maxima too! Im not dealing with the small town sears here anymore since they are not a corp store. Their exchange policy is different and want a 15% restocking fee each return on major appliances. The corp store a little further away from me has a no hassle return policy. Im actually dealing with the sears executive who will take my order over the phone mon. I do like the vantage and it only comes in that color, i love the color. I will see if i can get that one as that one is avalible to me for
delivery on the 9th. I've seen all the washers out now a million times and just wanted to deal over the phone rather than travel almost a hour to place an order. Plus the sears executive has gone out of his way to help me, more than any store has so he has my trust! But i do like the vantage because you can update the software via the usb port. So if the control board needs an update, lets say to add more water or to balance better, the software can be updated. Like now you'd have to change the whole board out if the board ever go updated. I think its easier and less of a hassle to just updated the washer via usb!

o

That is good that it can be updated for the future or to possibly correct or "tweak" things a bit. I would give it a try and see how it goes. I DO like that color also. I guess you have seen the you tube video for the Vantage?

o

I called sears and they said that the vantage is only on sale till tonight! Ugh, i hope he can just okay it for a replacement as they, the executive offices are closed on the weekends. As this vantage was a weekend sale. We'll see what it goes up to tomorrow. I really like it. I really need a washer thought and do not think i can wait that long, till the 16th, that means lots of money at the laundry mat! I am a little drunk tonight as i am nervos for tomorrow, also upset, still very angry and disappointed about all this bs thats going on! The only washers they have avalible to me on the 9th, the closest date are the, samsung front load power foam, 520 and 511, Any Kenmore washer, Whirlpool Duet 97, only in silver, LG WM3885, whirlpool vantage, if within my price range, whirlpool cabrio platinum, wfw8800 and those ugly GE front loads that look like an alien caccon.! lol. So out of all these choices, if the vantage i cannot get, what would you get. I really liked the Duet when i played with it at sears and the Samsung 520 and 511, they all felt sturdy and rock solid! Very nice. I heard the Samsungs kept the clothes smelling even after the wash (could be user detergent, as i only use tide he) The whirlpool duets i heard take forever to balance and spin, i guess the washer wants to make sure it has a "perfect" balance. I like the samsung, either one and that was one of my first choices when i first got my PA replacement. But i remembered that my Maytage Neptune, (horrbile machine) back in 2006, was made by Samsung and i wasnt sure how far along samsung has advanced, or fixed their technology, or washers since then. I really like the power foam and is really neat, but i wonder if it just uses foam and really no water. Because the website and commercials say that (foam penetrates fabrics twice as fast than water. Seems hard to believe. But i have to call in to sears executive with my decision tomorrow at 7 am, if i want a washer by friday. I'm going to push him and see if he will okay the vantage if it has gone off sale and see if he will honor the yesterday(today) sale price.

When i chose the Kenmore Elite top load i have now it was at, 1540.00 on a friday, but by the time i got the PA replacement # to take to the store on monday, the price had changed to 1640. my limit is 1599. But since it was a Kenmore Brand i was getting, he okayed it and said not to worry about the 40 dollars. Now last monday the vantage was 1199. but he said he couldnt honor that price because it was like a thanksgivng sale price, or cyber monday one time only. BS, cos if u can honor me getting a washer 40 dollars more, then you can honor me getting a washer thats 400 dollars less. (on sale) Weird, i know! Its like for their Kenmore Brand they can do anything and work wonders, but for other brands its, no. Which really sucks for me!

o

They want the Kenmore name in more homes than other brands.Do they not have the Electrolux eqiv. in the KM brand I would go with the Samsung--they are NO WHERE near what you had in 06. Go to u-tube and watch some spin. I like the front loads because I feel the clothes are all rolling where with some of the top load HE they seem to just be sitting there--except for the LG's and they do that wave thing plus seem to be generous with water for more circulation. I like both but lean toward F/L more so. That is just my thoughts. Since you spoke with the guy while the Vantage was on sale, he should honor the price tomorrow. Dont get too drunk--you might sleep past the 7am call LOL.

o

LOL youre right, i just drank the rest of my wine, had beer before that, lol! But yea, when i talked to him on friday the vantage was not on sale, but sat and today it is. But i got my PA replacment Approved on friday, so that means if i did get the PA # to take the the store on fri, then sat when the vantage went on sale i would have been able to get it. So im gonna tell him that his offices were closed sat and sun and that i was stuck in being able to get the vantage and see if he will okay it.

Yes Kenmore has the new front loads, made by electrolux, but when i played with them in the store the control knob was all squeaky and the rubber gasket looked like it took on a brown discoloration. Also the Kenmore elite said, made in mexico. I dont think the real electrolux are made in mexico, are they? Also i heard that the control boards on those new Elites went out within a few days of use. I think its because electrolux has its own control board that works perfect and flawless with its washer, then kenmore came along and has this totally different control board, yet all the same internal guts, so i think when they manufacture a new board that sometimes thinks, or electronic communications go wrong. The electrolux wave touch is blue and has a lcd display. the kenmore elite version has no lcd display. I'm still confused lol! Dumb i know, its just a washer, but i've delt with almost every brand and they have all been sh*t so far. The vantage has metal ball joints, or whatever their called, where the suspension hangs on, theyre not plastic like the lgs. Sparky what washer did you say you have/? i forgot or its slipping my mind lol

o

I have a Maytag Neptune. Will be 11 years old in Jan. When it was fairly new--still in warranty--I had the problem with the door lock burning up the control board. Tech came out and changed the board, lasted about a month then did the same thing. He came back and put in a new board and the new lock. He didnt change the lock the first time so it took the replacement board out. Havent had a problem since--Knock on wood. Mine is not moldy or any of that stuff. A friend of mine had a Calypso and the pump went out and Sears was going to charge almost $400 to fix it so they just bought a new machine. I got it from them, bought a pump and fixed it for lots less. Worked fine for a while but then started giving a code and seems to be locked up. May be the u-joint? It is in the garage. I just used it there sometimes--that is how I know it has the squeak and creak sounds. The part hooked to the rods at the top are plastic also like the LG and I guess Cabrio?? Is that what you are saying is metal on the Vantage? Maybe that is to make it quieter plus last longer.?? Maybe all will go your way tomorrow..

o

I would stick with a FL if I were you. While the Vantage is #2 on CR HE TL list - they state (even in the Youtube video linked) that there are many FL washers that clean better for less money.

To each their own ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Whirlpool Vantage - CR

o

Whats the number one he tl and he fl. According to CR. I know there are ones foe less money but since this is a free replacement and im within my replacement amount i wanna get the vantage if i can. Yes the vntage has all metal suspensiin hangers!

o

HE TL

Samsung WA5451AN[W] - score of 79

HE FL

Whirlpool Duet WFW94HEX[W] - score of 87

Have you Googled the Vantage? Some negative reviews out there. Not trying to rain on your parade - just make sure you've done your homework. You've already had issues.

o

Don't go solely by CR they are sooooo off base on their recommendations that they are hardly worth reading anymore.

I would use them just as a source of what could be wrong with something, and just a base opinion.
But if you look at their top rated ones and then look at the CR customer reviews of that same model you will notice almost without fail that the top rated ones from CR get the worst ratings from customers.
Personally I put more weight on customer reviews, especially if there are lots of them with a general consensus.

o

I know that user reviews are more important than anything else, i know all LG stuff gets high reviews but for me, LG hasnt really been working out! I really do want the vantage and if i cannot get it tomorrow then i might wait until it goes on sale within my price point. Once you get a PA number you have 90 days to decide what new appliance you want. Problem is i cannot wait that long to do laundry. When do the new washers for 2012 come out?

o

Livebetter: Where did you get your TL rating? From the CR.org? I have the magazine from March 2011 and then got the 2012 Buying Guide just a couple weeks ago and both of mine have the Vantage listed as #1 TL HE machine. The Samsung must have been an "update" added that I dont have listed in my ratings.

The biggest thing going for the Vantage is that it can be updated later if need be and the wash ability is only Very Good compared to Excellent for the front loaders.

o

@sparky823, on line. The Samsung appears to be a recently reviewed washer.

o

So i guess the Vantage is out of the question now, he cannot approve the lower price from the weekend, it would have been had to been done that day. So now im kind of back to Square 1! The electrolux is not avalible till the 16th, and the other washers are avalible on the 9th, Like the 97 Duet, Any Kenmore TL or FL, Samsung 520 and 511, GE Alien washer, lol, actually now that i looked the Samsung 520 is no longer avalible on the sears website, i wonder if new washers are coming out?????

o

If what I wanted was going to take a while to get, I would just wait on it. That way you will get what you really want. You can always go else where to wash or just save them till you get the new one.

As far as the Vantage goes, things have a way of working out for the best. At the moment we dont always see that,but later you may. IMO I dont think you would have liked the Vantage because it uses so little water.

o

Yes sparky i believe that too that things work out in weird ways. But honestly this time, i really feel that the Sears guy saw it as, i'd be getting a 2000 washer, instead of a 1599 like i have now. and that if it ever needed replacing i'd be getting a 2000 dollar credit instead of a 1599 credit. It just seemed to me like i am being rushed into picking whatevers avalible and i don't like that. The Samsung wf520, both white and grey are gone off the sears site, but over the weekend they were there. Also i went to a sears store today and was told that the wf520 had been discontinued, also has been the LG WT5101. I hope i have those model numbers right! The way he was with me i could tell he didnt want me to get the Vantage even if it was within my price range, even if it was on sale for 1599. He never called me back today to see what i wanted, (although i talked to him in the am and told him to hold off on the electrolux) I have that gut feeling that i just need to wait, in all reality i have 3 months to choose a washer. My gut feeling also says to stick with the Vantage, i can do laundry for now at a friends, or the laundry mat if need be, i'll just have a dead Kenmore Washer until then! I mean the Vantage has to go one sale again sometime, within three months don't you think? If it went on sale to 1199, odds are it will again, or at least be 1599 or less.

I'm assuming new washers are coming out soon, as the FL list on sears has went from, 120, to 116 and the TL list from 71 to 66. Maybe new ones will come out within three months, i am just not pleased with any that are out now. I will wait and i will tell the sears guy tomorrow, (i know he will call to take my order) thanks, but no thanks as of right now, this is not my fault this happened to my washer and also i really do feel rushed into picking what is ever avalible to me. It just doesnt feel right to me at this point, I've rattled my brain since last monday (when the washer broke) searching for the perfect new washer and i always come up empty handed. I really like the electrolux wave, but i know its due for an upgrade, its had the same style for 3 years. And the vantage, i really like it, style, design, CR ratings, some of the ratings for the vantage i saw were negative, yes, but read a little closer and they all say, (i bought this washer 2 years ago) this washer came out jan. this year. So theyre talking about another washer, not the vantage!

Maybe if he see's im not going to choose something tomorrow he can honor the sale price of the vantage over the past weekend. They always say "i'm sorry to hear this happened to you, i know how frustrating it must be not to be able to do laundry"
Well if your that damn sorry and concerend then make something happend and get me what i want, i know they have the power to do that, its just getting them too. Oh and i forgot to tell you all that the parts for the Dead Kenmore came to my door today, a suspension rod, the plastic hanger and i'm supposed to be recieving a whole new washer cabinet too. Where do i fit all these parts, its not like im a local part house and have all this damn room. I already have a dead washer, what do i need the skeleton of another for! Sears Executive told me if any parts needed to be ordered to tell the tech no, dont order them. Well i did, but the tech said he had to, because it was a serivce call and also that it was damaged and needed repair. 5 minutes after the tech guy left last friday, the sears executive called me and asked what the tech said, i said he had to order the parts, the exectuive told me it was okay, that he cancled that part order right there and then. Still they showed up today, minus the skeleton, we'll see if it arrives tomorrow, will i be in trouble for not accepting it through ups? I live in a condo for petes sake!

o

If I were you Fastonetime, I wouldnt of even thought about the over priced Vantage washer. It is nothing but a soupe up cosmetically cabrio with a internal heater and touch screen on it. Yes it looks great, but thats about the extent of it. As far as LG TL washers go, I have no issues with washing king size comforters or blankets in my. I have a cotton king size blanket that weighs a ton when it gets wet and it has been getting washed in my washer for the last 11 months and no issues with it. If you dead set on a Front loader, Id wait the two weeks for the Electrolux model and get what you want. A friend of mine just bought a samsung Front loader model:WF520ABW and he says it is so quite during the entire cycle he has to go check to make sure it is running. Spinning is viberation free and his house in on a crawl space.

Your KM HE TL was destroyed by the dumb AXX techs from sears or who ever they sub contract out. We installed my Wave force and my first front loader, just takes some reading and a good carpenters level to get it right.

My front loader was a Kenmore Elite, made by whirlpool and yes the final spin does take some time before it gets balanced. It almost seems like it is on a timer vs actually balancing the load, because if the drum is empty, its not much faster to ramp up to max spin. Electrolux and Samsung are much better at this. If I had the money, I would own a Electrox is a flash, I love the 1400 rpm max spin speed and the huge drum not only in the washer, but dryer too. With wave touch, you have the option to add more water if needed also. Dont settle for less, just to wash clothes in sooner. I hate laundry mats with a passion, but Id go to one for the short of time to get what I want.

o

Hi there gates, well i got a call from the Sears Executive today and my luck, the Electrolux, wave touch, in any color wont be avalible to me until the middle of january. Funny, the Kenmore Elite FL, by electrolux are avalible to me now. I think it might be like a deal between Electrolux and sears, to somehow have Kenmore avalible more, than the Electrolux wave? So i told him i was really interested in the Vantage and that it had gone on sale, but that he couldnt honor the past sales, so i said, what can you do for me? He said he can check the system and see when it will be going on sale next, or in the next few months, because the sales are done months before. And that he can honor it, say, if we spoke friday and the vantage went on sale on the weekend. He is off on weekends. So he said he can honor a pre sale price, just not one thats passed. I also told him that the samsung WF520 has been off the stie for a week now and he said that theyre getting ready to bring on new washers. So samsung, lg and other brands will have new ones soon, although he didnt say when.

So i've decided to wait, maybe i can get a fair shot at the Vantage now, or a new washer, i can't wait to see what they look like!

o

Its interesting to hear that the new Kenmores are made by Electrolux. Not that I trust what Sears online customer service tells me, but when I inquired about Electrolux making washers for the kenmore name or Kenmore elite brand, they told me that Electrolux does not make anything for kenmore. Im sure they were wrong, but it shows you how they pass on inaccurate information. any chance you can just get a full refund and shop eleswhere?

o

The negative reviews I read on the Vantage also say it's a prettied up Cabrio. People really seem unhappy with it.

Not sure why you're so hung up on getting it. Tons of positive feedback on the LG you are giving up and going to a machine that doesn't seem to be getting much positive?

Still think you'd be better off waiting for a good FL. My parents LG FL has very little issue balancing.

I haven't heard anything here (Canada) about Electrolux making the Kenmore washers either. Can I ask how you know that? Currently, our Kenmores are made by LG and Samsung.

o

Hi guys, the new FL Kenmore Elites, the 4113, the white, lemongrass and purple colored washers aremade by Electrolux. I had asked the store one time about why they had a different tub than the other Kenmore Elite FL, and they said now they are made by electrolux. Take a peek at one on display, the tub, led light, rubber boot and wash "fins" are all exactly the same as the electrolux wave touch! I know that the whirlpool cabrios got pretty bad reviews but are these reviews on the older models? The new Cabrio Platinum Tl washers just came out like 3 weeks ago and have pretty good reviews. I go to, searspartsdiret . com and check out the service tech sheets and compare the washers from lets say 1 - 2 years ago, with the same model now and everything inside is totally different, even the control board, springs, drum, sensors. So they do change things for the better. Also the Vantage has different guts than the Cabrio Platinum and im really big on updating the washer via usb flash drive!

o

The first three digits (before the period) of Kenmore appliance model numbers indicate the manufacturing source. That's on the FULL model number as labeled ON the appliance. Their online info at both Sears.com and Kenmore.com tends to not be the full correct model number. Example, washer model 110.20907990 (this is a machine 10 years old), the leading 110 indicates Whirlpool is the manufacturing source. Info can be found online to decipher the codes, search for "kenmore manufacturing codes" or "who made my kenmore" or similar search terms.

Here's one list, which may not be fully up-to-date (scroll down the page) -- Sears Manufacturing Codes

o

Sears told me yesterday that the 4113 machines are made by electrolux. What I dont understand is when did lux start doing the 6 motion wash. That was LG's trademark for Kenmore first, then they added it to their own line of machines.

o

Oh well, everyone is copying everyone these days. Just look at Miele's cutlery tray or the Honey Comb Drum - every manufacturer has its own version of it now.

The Electrolux aka Kenmore units do look nice. Just not too sure about those super fast wash cycles. I mean, Colors takes like only 36 minutes and I read it doesn't even spin until before the final rinse. What is nice, though, is that they have a pump-driven jet (much like LGs) that comes on to soak the load faster. I think every front loader should have them!

Also like the Platinum Whirlpools, as they have a Clean Boost with Heater button, which activates the heater on any cycle.

BTW, a good source for new washers is energystar.gov. They usually list new washers before anyone else. For example, they list a larger LG WaveForce with a new model number. They also listed that Alien GE long before it hit the stores.

Alex

o

Im like you Whirlpool....Im not so sure about using those fast wash cycles either. I know I wouldnt use them. One thing I like about 4113 is that you can choose extra hot on many cycles and it kicks in the internal heater to boost the hot incoming water as I have read this today from the Owners manual from the kenmore 4113. Im not sure if the Electrolux version does this. What i didnt see in the KM is the water plus option what wave touch does indeed offer.

o

Oooo ... those new Kenmore's sound interesting :)

Agree about the short cycles. It takes time to clean properly and I'm not willing to give up clean clothes for short wash times.

o

I do like the new Kenmores, i dont like the control knob, they were squeaking like they needed wd-40, the feel is totally different tna the kenmore elites made by lg. If i order an electrolux washer, i wont get it until mid january.

Whirlpool trainee do you work for whirlpool, i know, craazy question, but what about the WTW8800Y , can you add more water to those cycles? as the top load kenmore i have fills up the tup almost 80 percent of the load, each time!

o

1. No, just read my (My Page).

2. Adding water to the Cabrio and Bravos washers is not possible like on the LG units. Adding extra water would, potentially, make clothes float in the wash tub and the impeller wouldn't work any more. Of course, there are a bunch of cycles that'll add more water to begin with, like Sheets or Bulky Items.

Alex

o

Okay so i was thinking about it more and more, since i'd have to wait a month to do laundry in my own house. The only washer avalible are the kenmores to me now. I am thinking about it and i am starting to think the tech did do something wrong. I was looking at the washer today and i really do like it, even though i cannot use it. I will order the Kenmore 29472 like i have now. I cant wait for a month for 1, and 2 there are no washers out there that wow me, the cabrio doesnt use as much water as this Kenmore/LG does. The creaking will get on my nervs but i hope it will subside with use. I have a 2 year master protection agreement, so if this happens in the future i know i will have my own pick of what i want at that time! I just want to enjoy my washer, but i just havent been able too! I have a big washer machine tub on my front porch and i guess it will stay till ups picks it up, in 1 week sears said. I said i cannot store that in my house or in my little garage so it will stay on my porch! lol

o

Glad to hear that. Has been my thought all along. You liked it before and it was running fine--best of my knowledge, then the creak bothered you and had Sears check it out and he goofed it up. If the new one creaks, just close the door.LOL Lots easier than doing with out a machine or trying to make a decision about a new one.

I talked with a friend of mine today who is building a new house. They will have it done in 2 weeks and I asked if she had gotten her appliances yet and she said yes she went with Samsung for everything but her washer is the top load so I will see in a few weeks how she likes it. She had a 30 year old Maytag but her house burned in the spring so for the new home she is trying the Samsung...

o

Im very disappointed, did you know that the electrolux wave touch are made in mexico? sucks for that 1600 price tag! Thats a real downer.

o

fastonetime...that is no surprise to me, did you really think they would be made in the USA?? I think not, why? because companies all have moved thier manufacturing facilities to cheap labor countries so they can charge the most and get the highest profit out of the product. What surprises me is that a good friend/sles lady who works for sears told me a while back that the Electrolux washer is the slowest seller that they have due to the price of it. So I was shocked to see sears go with electrolux to make the KM elite 4113 due to the price of it being over 2200 dollars. I will have to hook up with her and find out the scoop on that one. She is the BEST sears washer appliance employee that I have ever met, doesnt give out false information and if she doesnt know, she herself will contact the manufacture of the washer and find the annswer. When I bought my HE3t back in 2001, she went way out and beyond the call of duty to get the answers I needed before I purchased it.

o

Dont you think that Elux offered Sears "a deal they couldnt refuse" in turn knowing that the Kenmore brand outsells them all at Sears so in the long run they would stand to profit. Plus I am not too sure that everyone is familiar with Elux? JMO Plus I know at my Sears they do all they can to talk you into a Kenmore. Thats why I dont have a Bosch dishwasher--was told how much better the KM was.

And, if you want anything USA made probably would be Speed Queen.

o

Thats is very possible sparky. I do know that the reason Sears/Kenmore dropped whirlpool for its washers was due to the fact that the kenmore line likes to have features on their washers first and for at least a year before whirlpool puts the same features on their products. According to my sears friend, that is why they went to LG a few years back, instead of whirlpool. Maybe the same applies to the lux washers made for KM and from what I see, the option to shorten washes feature is a kenmore exclusive for the time being and then Lux will pick it up later on. Time will tell... Your right speed queen is still made in the USA, just not very popular though for whatever reason. If I were in the market for a conventional toploader, Id go speed queen without a doubt. But Id rather super glue my lips to a dogs behind before I buy another one of those washers.

o

I asked the sears executive about the Whirlpool backed kenmores, and he said that they were having way too many problems with whirlpool made kenmores. And Kenmore stands for top quality and excellent performance and whirlpool just wasnt working out, in a nice way he put it. So then they tried lg for what, 2 years, now its electrolux. I want to order another top load, Kenmore, i really do like it and the touch screen too. Everyone loves the touch screen! I wished that this kenmore, liek your wave touches had a drum light and steam. My FL Kenmore (LG) had steam and i always used that feature!

o

fastonetime....are you drinking again? I have a LG wave force washer, it does not have a light in it, nor does it have steam, and I never said it had those features, but i wish it did!. Whirlpool has been a long time companion for Kenmore productsand if qualifty issues were an issue as to why they went to LUX or LG then they are slow moving people. It is no secret that Whirlpool made the calypso washer, a huge failure to Sears and a class action law suit against them, again with the oasis washer. Let me tell you something here as I work in the manufacturing industry for fuel delievery systems for cars and trucks, bot domestic USA and european models. It is all about the lowest bidder to the contact set forth on the table. You can pay a high price for something, but that does not mean you get the best product or quality assurance behind it. I work in the usa, the company that I work for is trying to turn us into China who makes the same parts for a fraction of the labor/benefit cost. Im sorry, but I dont live in a grass hut, and work for a bonus of a 5 lb bag of rice just to meet company quota's for the month. Its a shame the USA gov. has let most manfacturing companies go overseas

o

"Id rather super glue my lips to a dogs behind before I buy another one of those washers"

LOL ... I really DID laugh out loud to that one ...

It's a vicious circle. Consumers don't want to pay high prices so manufacturers have to figure out how to make it cheaper and still make a profit.

I'm sure it's NA's over consumption habits and corporate greed all balled up. Unfortunately, I don't see an end to the cycle. It's scary to think where the world is headed.

People are funny. They want what they want and they are not willing to change one bit for the better good. Just look at Greece - sheesh. Those guys would rather be owned by China than give up anything.

Deep thoughts on the laundry forum again :)

o

Gates: Totally agree. It is all about who will furnish the goods at the least cost and LG, then Lux decided they wanted to play "Kenmore" for a while.

o

Sears still has two Whirlpool HE toploaders under the Kenmore name.

Sears Item# 02628002000
Sears Item# 02626002000

The have the drawer like the cheaper Cabrio versions (the belt-driven ones) but with a TimedOxi dispenser. BTW, steam would not work in a washer that doesn't tumble the load. A tub light would be cool.

o

So i talked to the sears executive and he suggests that i dont go with the kenmore elite top load again. Sounds like he doesnt even want to order me another one after what happened. I still have the tub in the box on my front porch, ups hasnt picked it up yet as promised! That really sucks, because the tub/box takes up my whole porch front door area ( i live in a condo)

So i asked then when the electrolux wavetouch, in the color turqouis cky would be avalible and he said not till mid january. I emailed electrolux and they said that the color, red hot red, and turqouis sky is very very popular and they have ran out of stock in many places, so i'd have to wait to get a fresh new one. I also asked if the were made in mexico and the reply was, some are made in juarez mexico and some in iowa. Isnt juarex the worst city inb mexico, i read somewhere that they have murders everyday! That kind of makes me weary about even owning an electrolux. The email said that it could come from either place, only a serial number could tell where it was made, but no serial number is avalible to me as the washer is being built. I really like the turquoise color. Ugh this whole deal is making me very angry, maybe, just maybe some new, better washers will show up on the sears site before mid january. What do you all think?

o

I think you listen to Sears employees too much. The Executive should of at least explained to you why you shouldnt go with the HE TL again. Haf Sears not Messed with your machine to begin with, it would not be on the front porch. So what if the Lux is made in a city with murders everyday, what does that have to do with the washers being built there. Hell, Norfolk Va has murders daily, but I will purchase items there

o

First off Gates is correct you are listening to a Sears rep way too much.
I don't particularly care one bit where a machine is made as long as it is quality made.

Right now an LG made by LG for LG seems to be a pretty darn good appliance.
Kenmore is nothing but a name, Kenmores are made by Whirlpool, LG and a few other manufacturers.

That LGmore was probably a perfectly fine washer until that idiot from Sears ruined it.

So far our LG is fantastic.

Wife just washed my mother Cashmere sweater in it under the Wool setting with cold/cold, low spin, low soil and with Woolite HE and it came out excellent.
Was better than hand washing.

Drying it now on the Rack inside the LG dryer on rack dry low heat laying flat.

o

So i got a call from sears today, the green elextrolux wont be avalible until late january, like the 25th. So i opt out of that one, cos i cannot wait that long. So they told me they have the white wave touch avalible to me next tuesday. After a long long week of thinking back and forth between the Kenmore HE Elite and the Wave touch, i had no choise but to choose the wave touch! I just hope i like the build quality from what i can remember back in 2009, i know the models have changed and i hope for the better! Im actually kind of excited. The things that made my decision for me was, wave touch has steam, drum light, 1400 spin speed. This Kenmore hE top load has a max speed of 1050. When i washed the towels and used max spin they still came out very damp. When i washed them in my Kenmore LG FL, they came out almost dry, the spin speed was 1300 on that one. So well will see, i hope i can get a good washer this time!

o

So i couldnt wait any longer for the new washer, sears offered before for sears to fix the suspension rod and the hanger so it could be like a temp fix allowing me to wash. I declined at the time, because i didnt want this to happen again. Well i had them come out to fix it as i still have the parts and the tub box on my front porch! my garage is so small that i have no room in there, unless i move my car out, to store it.

I washed my comforters and some other bedding and i used the Seventh Generation hE powder which i love, but, today i noticed that there was still powder left on top of my queen comforter. I did a re wash and noticed that the comforter puffed up and about 2 inches of the comforter were not underwater at all, even when i pushed it down more into the water, it just puffed back up. So that kind of makes me a little mad. a front loader has constant movement, rolling of the load so that every part has water. I'll be happy getting back to using a front load, just not sure how much i am going to like the electrolux!

Here are some photos of the washer in the box on my front porch walk way!

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Sears fixed your washer and its going to give you a electrolux? Even in a frnt loader, washing comforters that puff up can be a challenge. If the comforter is really big and puffs up in the washer, the center of it may not rotate around enough to get wet. Maybe the bulky cycle will help with this, my FL did not have this cycle, so to ensure it had enough water in it, I manually added it with a garden hose

o

well they didnt put thenew tub in, they only had replaced the spring and hanger so that i could temp wash. They offered me to get it fixed before, still offering me a replacement as i didnt want this machine after it dented itself and the hanger broke in half. i know it was probably the techs fault for messing with it in the first place. Buti am just uneasy with it, after seeing the youtube video and what minor, compared to that video, damage happened to my washer. Like i had said i havent used a top load since maybe 2005. I like the front loads way better. But that boxis still on my front porch, sears executive said hes trying to have it picked up but is having issues with their parts department! Ugh!

o

Interestingly, the WaveTouch does not offer a Bulky cycle. I think one uses Heavy Duty instead. What Electrolux did do, and this is nice, they added a jet to the washer to circulate wash and rinse water over the load - much like they do in Europe since the 80s: the famous Electrolux JetSystem. The Frigidaire sibling also have the jet - not sure about the IQ Touch units.

About the Perfect Steam feature: actually, there's no steam generator in these machines. What the option does is extend the main wash by 20 minutes and activate the water heater some more. Whirlpool's Steam for Stains is the same by the way, since they removed the dedicated steam generator.

And try a pre-wash (with spin!) on very puffy items. Spinning it will take a lot of air out and since it's wet, it won't absorb air as easily/quickly any more.

Alex

o

Odds are if the comforter wont wash in the TL then it wont wash in the FL either. Unless the FL has A LOT bigger drum than the TL which is doubtful unless it is a commercial one.
It will just be dry in the center instead of the top.

Fortunately we are not having any such problems with ours, our king size comforters and an over sized super puffy Queen all wash just fine, get pulled right down and pushed back up and roll and boil from top to bottom.

o

I just want a washer that works, and after now being through two washers in less than two years, i've lost hope, in anything that will last longer than both of these. I emailed that chris polk from electrolux and was asking questions about the wave touch washers, about life span, quality, negative reviews, about the wave touches not lasting long, or feeling cheap, needing a lot of repairs. Also about the white color, as i have not seen it in person, i thought it was a dull white color, also why they are still using a belt driven motor with these new models and why they havent switched to direct drive motor.

Warren,

Thanks for staying in touch. Now the direct drive system in our laundry units may be redesigned in the future, but to be honest it has been the proposed design for a while now. Can't really say why we have not changed, unless it comes down to patent information for manufacturing steps.

The white should have a pearl-like sparkle. It is not a dull, flat white at all. Now of course with any product or service you will certainly read reviews and experiences online that are more negative. We as consumers tend to voice our concerns in a negative light for the world to see and gain satisfaction rather than post positive comments and testimonials. But I can say that our products have less than 3% that need to be serviced or repaired early in the product's lifespan. Also Electrolux has one of the best warranties on the market. Of course you receive the standard one year manufacturer's warranty, but we also try to extend limited part warranties unto our units after that one year. No other competitor has any coverage, whether big or small, after the first year.

If you have any questions please contact me or our Center at 877-435-3287. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

Chris

He was very nice everytime we talked and just felt what he said reassured me of electrolux quality. I hope i really do enjoy it!

o

"No other competitor has any coverage, whether big or small, after the first year."

Doesn't LG warranty their motor or something for 10 years?

My Miele is warranted bumper to bumper for 10 years for free (but that was a special Cdn promotion).

Good luck with the new machine. Let us know how it works out when you get it.

o

Fisher & Paykel is currently offering a 10-year motor warranty on select units based on serial number and purchase date.

o
RE: re Kenmore Elite Top load damage/replacement

Oh yea, i forgot about that, but after the 2nd year of ownership, if you dont have an extended warranty you have to pay labor to install the tub and motor. Labor from sears is like 86 dollars an hour, so how long would that take and how much would it cost in the end, even though the parts are free. I have now coverage for my Electrolux, when it comes, until oct. 2013. I plan on keeping the coverage after that as it has really helped me out and payed for its self like 5 times! I have the Master Protection Agreement. I paid 150 for one year, just to try the warranty out, right when my warranty ended on my "LG", Kenmore Front Load. 2 months later the spider cracked and the bearing went out, and about a week after the diagnosis i had a brand new washer! Which is the touch screen one i have now, that is getting replaced for an Electrolux, all free of charge, because i have the Master Protection Agreement, not a bad investment if you ask me!

Plus what was great is that, i paid, 1100 on sale, for my Kenmore Front load in early 2010. They gave me credit for the retail amount, not any sale price and the retail price of the washer was 1599 at the time! So i got a 1599 credit. So it was like i could upgrade my washer, even though it was top of the line, steam and everything at the time.

Any of you remember the Kelly Green Electrolux washers and dryers? When i was looking for a washer in early 2010, i did look at the electrolux and loved them and wanted the Kelly green color so bad, but i didnt have, or want to fork out another 500 dollars almost, for the name (as the Kenmore FL, had mainly all the same features or more, for 1100.) Im glad i am able to finally own an Electrolux washer, kinda sad that the Kelly Green color is no longer avalible and also it never made it onto a Wave Touch, it was on IQ only.

i really want to get the matching electrolux wave touch dryer, but i just bought my Kenmore 8027 dryer, in electric, for 380 at sears, during their floor model clearance sale! I scored, yes its electric and i've only owned gas dryers my whole life, but honestly, i don't see a different in my utility bill. And i really like the electric better than gas, the heat is like a dry heat, it gets really hot really fast, within a second or two! Just my opinion on it though!

o

you will have to post reviews on your lux when you get it. There are so few people on here that have them and report their expericences with them

o

So i switched to Seventh Generation Powder laundry soap and i love it. Yesterday i emailed the Chris guy again and asked about that "spray jet" because i know before this unit, the spray jet was not its own pump, now it is, to help i guess spray the water further onto the clothes. And this is what he said!

Warren,

It does indeed help circulate the water during all water-related cycles. This is a new system we are enhancing and trying out in the latest units. The previous, older, units had a little different design but also worked just as well. This will also help recirculate water and save energy cost since these units only use at the most 12 gallons of water.

In regards to your previous inquiry about the weight of materials or size, I tried to get more information from our Technical Team, but there is not a standardized weight or amount I can honestly report. I will say that I can easily wash a queen sized comforter with no problem - and dry it. However I have not tried to put a king size in the unit (do not own a king), but I am sure you could get away with it with the cubic feet. Just make sure you do not use powder detergent because that can not only clog the dispenser but as in normal top load units you can have powder residue on the clothing.

So i cant use powder? Then why is there an option to remove the liquid detergent tray for powder? What do you all think?

o

Sure you can use powder! Only if your load is really big (like a comforter) liquid is sometimes preferable because it'll dissolve faster.

The largest Electrolux is 4.42 cubic feet, which would be a max. load of 27.5 lbs. of regular/mixed laundry. Now, if it can wash a large load like this given the short cycle times (on most default cycles) I don't know.

Here're a very good review of the Frigidaire Affinity by a member of automaticwasher.org

http://www.automaticwasher.org/cgi-bin/TD/TD-VIEWTHREAD.cgi?30254

and

http://www.automaticwasher.org/cgi-bin/TD/TD-VIEWTHREAD.cgi?30591

Alex

o
Capacity

Off-topic, but this is the amount of laundry (duvet and pillow covers) I can fit into my 3.2 cubic feet (DOE) Duet.

Photobucket

Filled the 10 cu.ft. laundromat dryer 2/3 when it was done.

Photobucket

o

Miele makes three powder varieties for their machines. Why would powder be an issue? I personally feel powder does a better job in FL machines.

Miele does recommend using liquid for their express and comforter settings. Assume, as Alex mentioned because of dissolving.

o

Hi there, boy you have a lot of machines! lol! U can do all different types of laundry!

Well i emailed the guy back and said i only use warm water, to extra hot, or sanitize everytime i do my laundry, also i always use a warm rinse, to help further break down the detergent thats left. Or i do an extra rinse. I was kind of let down that this Kenmore TL doesnt have an option for warm rinse at its 1600 price tag. Does your LG Wave Force have a Warm Rinse? This is what he had to say when i told him i only use warm- hot water, never use cold water during any of my laundry.

body

Warren,

As long as you use warm to hot water the detergent should break down as designed. Cold water tends to clump up the powder if at all you over use the detergent. Not saying you will have a problem, but in any machine powder (even in dishwashers) tend to be a little harder to dissolve since the FDA has approved the reduction of some chemicals and ingredients that help the dissolving process.

I don't think you'll have a problem since it seems you keep an eye on everything, and wouldn't abuse the powder measurements. Just make sure to check every so often in the dispenser for any build up and clean any out righ away.

Thanks,

Chris

o

My wave force washer has a tray for powder detergent, but it can clog in it, especially with cold water washes, so I just add it to the botton of the tub and all is well. Here's something interesting, my parents own the Samsung HE TL and they do not have a tray for powder, just liquid detergent. I guess Samsung wanted to ward off people complaining about powders clogging the tray.

o

Only the washer in the middle is mine - the other ones belong to other people in the house...

o

Yes the LG WT5101HV has a Warm rinse.
Warm being right around 90 degrees with cold water at 54 degrees and hot being 126 and hot water line flushed.
If your water heater is set to 145 warm would probably be 95 to maybe 100 depending on the other variables.

o

Thats weird that the Kenmore TL that i have now has now Warm rinse, but yours does, even though its the same machine, also mine has 1050 spin speed, as yours has 1100. kinda odd that they down graded some of the features on my Kenmore, but charge 500 more!

o

Your kenmore has a longer soak cycle, up to 180 minutes, vs my 30 minutes, also your stain treat option activates your heater to boost the warm and hot water when it is used. It starts out at a cooler temperature so stains do not set in and warm up to help remove them. I dont think you have been down graded at all.

o

actually about $900 more.

o

Ok so i got the Electrolux wave touch today and i am SUPER PISSED. Its a very nice, solid machine, but i went to wash my comforter and the drain hose started leaking, i was trying to figure out where it was coming from and there are holes in the drain hose. as i was feeling the water drip, i grabbed the drain hose to move it and it shocked me. i unplugged the unit right away and felt again and still shocked me! Why would it shock if the machine is "grounded" is the pump not grounded! What do i do, sears came and picked it up withing me having it 30 minutes and now im without a washer again, BIG saftey hazard if you ask me. I dont know what to do! But i did like it from what little bit of it i got to use!

o

I think you are just cursed.
Might be a good time to bring in a witch doctor.

o

Or maybe just get me a washer that works! LMAO! Geeze, now i'll be on the phone all day today, between the sears store here, sears executives and electrolux. I really want another, i just cant wait another 2 weeks. :(

o

I have a Kenmore Elite, top-Loading Automatic Washer; purchased on 12/3/10. tonight I was watching TV with my son and we heard a noise so loud we just ran out of the room. We had no idea what it was. Well...I walk into my laundry room and the ENTIRE TOP OF THE WASHER literally blew off. The drum is on the floor inside the housing; housing is all dented, the plastic brackets or whatever you call them are all broken. The force was so strong, it pushed into my dryer and dented the drum. So I have my little master protection plan and call SEars. They tell me the FIRST available for anyone to come look at it is January 5th...... I have been waiting for a call back from a supervisor for an hour already and will call again. The water is leaking everywhere and I don't even want to go look at my basement ceiling. I am still shaking from the entire episode because it was so loud. This isn't rocket science either . . . it would take about 5 seconds for someone to walk in my laundry room, say - oh yeah - that's broken - and haul it out of here. What has happened to Sears!!!! I have never had this kind of a problem with ANY appliance I have had from them.
I wish i could figure out how to add a picture so you could all see this. . . .

o

Pictures can be posted directly to the Laundry Room Gallery area, although it'll of course be a separate thread. Find the Gallery via a link [Switch to: Gallery] to the right side on the line that reads On-Topic Discussions which is immediately above the topic listing. I'm thinking that most people who play here aren't aware the Gallery section exists.

Posting a picture here in the main area requires it be hosted elsewhere online, such as at Flickr or Photobucket or other free online photo sharing service, and linked into the post via HTML code.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here