Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cold draft in new dryer

Posted by bentap (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 30, 10 at 19:21

I've not had this problem before I put in a new LG Super Capacity front load dryer. I vented it directly outside with what I thought was an appropriate vent. Living in Maine the temp in the dryer when I start it is not helping with cost containment. Any suggestions on what I can do to reduce the cold air

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cold draft in new dryer

Make sure the vent has a flapper at the end that shuts when not in use. Other than that, I don't know what can be done. Our dryer gets very cold too when not in use.

o

Thanks, I've checked that..maybe I'll put something a few feet away from the vent to block the wind....

o

You could put some sort of screen enclosure around your outlet. This will block wind and cold somewhat yet still allow moisture and air to escape. It is amazing what an insulating effect screen has. Our north screen porch does an excellent job of keeping cold out.

o

I have seen an attachment that fits on the hose behind the dryer. It has a flap in it so when the dryer stops it closes to stop the wind from getting past there. Don't know how well this works but 2 flappers might be better than one. Sometimes the ones outside doesn't close all the way or the wind might make them blow open also.

May have these at Lowe's, Home Depot or Ace Hardware.

o

I noticed a cold draft when I replaced our dryer as well - my repairman friend who helped install it said that's probably because my old dryer was so packed with lint the air couldn't get in....

o

Thanks to you all..I love the solution of the lint!11 will begin to look at all of suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here