Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mieleforme

Tide with Bleach 'HE' powder MIA ?

mieleforme
12 years ago

I started using this as an alternative to the expensive but wonderful Persil. However, I can't find it anywhere now. I live in a city of almost 400,000 people and the store locator on tides website doesn't list any retailers for the HE version. Back to Persil for the whites I suppose.

Comments (21)

• sparky823
    12 years ago

I saw it just the other day at my Wal Mart. Maybe with Xmas they just havent had time to restock everything??

• izeve
    12 years ago

I bought mine a few months ago at Walmart and was looking for another box because I thought it worked really well but I have not been able to find it anymore. I'm afraid it has been discontinued. I see the non-HE version in most stores and if need be will buy it - I have no sudsing in my washer with non-HE Cheer powder so I think I will have none with Tide w/bleach either.

• chloe203
    12 years ago

I accidentally bought non HE Tide with bleach and opened it before I realized it was non HE.
    I've used the whole box and had no problem with suds. In fact,I've had HE ones that actually suds more.

• mfduffy
    12 years ago

I, too, have been having a terrible time finding Tide HE w/ Bleach powder. Do you have Targets nearby? If so, try their website. I live within 30mi of more than a dozen stores, but according to their website, only 3 of them carry this particular version of Tide. You can, of course order it from Amazon, but you'll pay an extra $5-10, which stinks.

• mieleforme
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have Target, Walmart, you name it. I did call Tide and was informed they still manufacture it. When I asked why I can't find it I was advised stores will stop stocking products that they don't sale. So apparently it has never sold well around here. They were less than helpful.

• larsi_gw
    12 years ago

There are THREE Target stores in a 5 mile radius, from where I live. Insane with 3, huh? :)

1/3 stores carry the Tide he powder with bleach. It must really be store dependent on pure sales!

Before Tide released an "he" version of powder with bleach, I went thru TWO entire boxes of regular Tide with Bleach powder. Zero sudsing issues. Actually, I think the ingredients might be identical, or near identical for the he and non-he versions. Even the non-he version lists suds inhibitor as an ingredient. Good Luck!! ;)

• dadoes
    12 years ago

Happened to be @ the local Wal-Mart this afternoon, noticed Tide with Bleach HE powder on the shelf.

• cj47
    12 years ago

Saw it at my local Walmart yesterday in both HE and regular versions. Sounds like at least some WalMarts are carrying it. If yours doesn't, perhaps you could ask them to?

Cj

• vintage36
    12 years ago

My local Targets don't appear to carry it anymore. Thought Walmart supercenter was the same BUT Walmart do carry the he tide w/bleach, shelves of it in different sizes.

It may be a stocking problem. When I got a box only because it looked hard to find, the Walmart laundry products shelves were full & lots were available. Also, could be that more people are using the HE Tide w/bleach powder at Walmart while Target is dropping powder, like Safeway.

Also believe that there is a push to get people to use liquid......EPA??, shelve space?

• i_dig_it
    12 years ago

Just wondering what areas or states those of you that are finding the Tide w/Bleach HE Powder live in.
    I'm in Illinois and have looked in a nearly 100 mile radius and have not been able to find it.
    But if the regular Tide w/Bleach Powder is the same, maybe I'll give that a try.

• cme10ae
    12 years ago

I had a heck of a time trying to find it a few months ago here in SE MI. Only Meijers and Sam's Club seem to have it (Sam's club has a HUGE box). Never found it at any Target or Walmart stores, and I checked all over the place.

• Jeannie Cochell
    12 years ago

I'm finding less powdered detergent, period, and what's on the shelf is far more costly than it was even a year ago and it never appears to go on sale anymore, either. Ran out of Tide HE powder almost a month ago but I'd rather use the liquid than spend $15.00 for the same box size I was buying for $5.99.

• bookert
    12 years ago

Found some at a discount store 96 load box for $16.99.
    Worth it?

• mrb627
    12 years ago

Perhaps you can order it via Walmart Online and have it shipped to store free of shipping charge?

MRB

• sandy1616
    12 years ago

I live near Indianapolis and out of the 10 stores (Meijer, WalMt, Target & multiples thereof) only one WM has it and only in the 120 load box. I would think your local store could order it. At 2 tbsp per load my box is lasting longer than I would like. If you have a Mexican grocery nearby try Ariel Oxyanillos. I find it identical or possibly better than the Tide w bleach and equally sudsy.

• cme10ae
    12 years ago

It's not on the Walmart website, also checked Target and Soap.com. I did find it on the Sam's Club site.

• mfduffy
    12 years ago

Here is the link to it on Target's site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tide HE powder with Bleach

• izeve
    12 years ago

Central CT: local Targets do not carry it but the closest Walmart has it. 53 load boxes for $12.97.

• cj47
    12 years ago

I found a huge box at Sam's Club in the greater Milwaukee area in Wisconsin. They also had the liquid version.
    Cj

• happymomof2kids
    12 years ago

Check to see if you have an Albertson's or Jewel Osco near you. They're owned by the same company and all the Jewel Osco's near me carry the Tide w/ Bleach HE. HTH :)

• cme10ae
    12 years ago

Thanks for that link mfduffy. It's funny, if I go to the laundry detergents section at target.com it's not included, and searching for the terms tide bleach he, tide powder, tide...etc... doesn't work either. How did you find it? It list a store on the outside fringe of my area as having it, but doesn't sell it online.