Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

Still shoppiong: How important is a Hand Wash cycle?

cj47
12 years ago

I've been researching/shopping washers and dryers, and have pretty much decided on the Electrolux IQ Touch models in the "60" line. I leaned strongly towards the non steam model in the "55" line, but there were just a few features that the model "one step up" had that I liked, so that's where I'm leaning. Oddly, though the model one step down had a "hand wash" cycle, this one doesn't, so I'm posting here to get some opinions. How different is "hand wash" from "delicate" setting on the lowest soil setting and the lowest spin? I'm feeling a little sheepish for even asking--for 20 years I've been OK with three buttons for water level and a turn dial with regular, perm press and delicate settings. And now I'm pondering 'delicate' vs. 'hand wash' settings, and opting for features that I never even knew existed on laundry appliances. Sheesh. :-) I never even knew that washers came with on board heaters, but made sure that all the models I considered had one! I will likely never be as serious about the laundry as many of you here, but I appreciate your opinions, as I'm hoping to maybe do better moving forward, aiming for better results overall. After I've made a final washer/dryer selection, I'll move on to detergent research, and may be back with questions there. You Have Been Warned. :-)

TIA,

Cj

Comments (5)