Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Front loading W/D rec for family w/NEW baby and toddler

Posted by beantownrenovator (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 27, 11 at 15:27

Hi All - We have a two week old and toddler and our washer decided to conk out today. Need to order a new set ASAP and have no time to do research. Would so appreciate recs for most reliable front loaders. Is it the Electrolux Wave length? Also we live in an apartment building so can't be excessively noisy. Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Front loading W/D rec for family w/NEW baby and toddler

If the floor isn't rigid, you shouldn't consider a front loader...

o

Need front loader for space issues (nowhere else to fold clothes)...How about Miele? I know plenty of ppl in apartments with front loaders. Thanks so much

o

read page 39 of http://www.mieleusa.com/manuals_pdf/Residential/Washers/W3039_us.pdf

Here is a link that might be useful: miele manual

o

I've spoken with two appliance stores in NYC that only handle apartment buildings and they confirmed front loading is not an issue in buildings. Would appreciate recommendations. Thanks

o

I've had a relatively basic and inexpensive model of LG FL for just over a year now and have been happy with it. No issues so far and the washer has been relatively quiet (much better than the Whirlpool Duet Sport I had before). Whatever you decide on, make sure that it has an internal heater.

o

beantownrenovator: "...they confirmed front loading is not an issue in buildings. Would appreciate recommendations."

The Miele machines that you asked about are excellent. So are the higher-end Samsung models with VRT and the LG models that have doors with "square" windows. The round window LG models (historically) have vibrated more than the square window LG models, but that information is historical; it may no longer be true.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here