Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LG WM3470 Cycle Times

Posted by WayneEE (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 2, 13 at 15:17

Consumer Reports (2014 Buying Guide) lists the cycle time for this LG at 85 minutes. They don't explain what this cycle time represents. Can anyone tell me if this time is representative of the Cotton/Normal cycle on the LG? They had one plugged in at my local Sears store and it looked like the default cycle times for some of the cycles were much less than 85 minutes, but the Normal cycle did not display the cycle time. I can't find any info on cycle times online, including the LG website. Any info would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LG WM3470 Cycle Times

CR tests the Normal cycle with an eight pound load and the highest soil level - thus it takes longer than the ususal 38 minutes with TurboWash and normal soil level.

Alex

o

If you can locate the Service manual, it has a program chart that states cycle lengths. My LG WM2688 shows "Working Time" for:
Sanitary=105
Normal=58
Bulky/Large=57
PermPress=55
Delicates=34
BabyWear=120
HandWash=34
SpeedWash=30 minutes.

o

My WM3470 usually takes about 31-38 minutes in the Normal cycle (the normal cycle does automatically enable TurboWash); add another 10-15 minutes if you disable TurboWash. Bright Whites is usually around 42 minutes or so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here