Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rscatigno

ASKO Washers & Dryers - Part 5

rscatigno
18 years ago

Part 4 has gone past the 100 entry cutoff. :)

Please continue posting Asko Washers & Dryers information in this thread...

Here is a link that might be useful: ASKO Washers & Dryers - Part 4

Comments (151)

• dander53
    17 years ago

Hello all,

I've got a 6 year-old W600 washer that stopped spinning yesterday- it fails to run the spin cycle - we have very poor (rural) service available and I'm hoping to try a diy approach. A few notes:

Took the back panel off - belt is fine.

With all the talk in the user manual about checking the "pin trap" if spin doesn't work I went ahead and looked it over from the inside and found that it is really the drain pump.

Here's what I found:

The drain pump itself seems to drain water fine. When I disconnect the wires going to the drain pump the unit will now spin! but the pump itself isn't powered or working. I figure the pump, when blocked by a coin or something activates a shut-off switch and when I disconnected the wiring the shutoff wasn't active ( but neither was the pump).

As I was getting ready to order a new drain pump for $50 online I ran a few more tests and noticed that the motor seems to be sparking (!?!) at the (not visible) front end. Now that shakes me a bit and from what I hear is a handy pile of $$$ to replace.

Service guy will charge $100 just to come here and he only does ASKOs 2 days a week and is booked for a week. A week without laundry is enough to drive my wife to a new machine and, frankly, if I'm looking at $300-400 in parts I would agree.

Appreciate any of your thoughts.

thanks
    Daryl

• rfinley69
    17 years ago

"The only reason to pair machines - besides cosmetics - is wiring considerations; to pair an Asko washer with a US dryer means you need two separate 240V lines into the laundry room, while an Asko pair just needs on such line."

A typical electric dryer circuit has a 30 amp breaker supporting it and is rated as such. Worst case, you can use the Miele Easy-install box to adapt two outlets with any 220v wash/dry pair if they can be adapted to use the same 4-prong plug typically found on GE stoves. Assuming your washer and dryer are both rated as 15 amps like the Meile set.

If you have natural gas or propane, those can be found with 120v plugs (NEC code requires a dedicated 120v 20A normal wall socket for washing machines. Might use that) and are typically more efficient than the best all-electric.

• darex
    17 years ago

Are the W6222 & T712 pair available yet?

I saw them on the US website, but I can't seem to get any information on them -- even from this forum!

Thanks.

David

• darex
    17 years ago

I saw a picture where there was a pull-out "table" between stacked Asko's (i.e. under the dryer). It was in their 2006 USA catalog.

Is that a component of the stacking kit?

I know that the washer's outer door pulls down to form a flat surface, but the dryer's opens to the left (or right).

Do all models come with this pull-out surface between the stacks, or is it some optional thing I happened to come across?

Thanks.

David

• parrot_phan
    17 years ago

I recently got a gas dryer installed so it leaves my electric dryer 220v outlet (w/30 amp breaker) open. I have the oppportunity to purchase a used Asko washer -- the owners are getting rid of it because the matching dryer died and they got a new set.

My question: would my 220 outlet have to be refitted with a socket to accept the Akso plug -- or (and this seems simpler and wouldn't require an electrician) could I get a new plug for the washer that fits into the outlet? Is a cord on an Asko washer like many U.S. electric dryers -- they easily unscrewed and replaced with a cord ending in plug with a different socket configuration?

I don't even want to look at the machine before I get this question answered -- and get the model number so I can research it.

BTW, do you think an Asko dealer would sell me shipping bolts if the folks selling the machine haven't kept theirs? I wouldn't want to move it without stabilizing the drum.

• ohiomomma
    17 years ago

I have a question for all the Asko experts! We are looking into purchasing an Asko set but as a family with three small kids $$ is tight, so right now we are looking at 2 used pairs and I would love to hear opinions about which is a better buy or if we should stay away from both!

#1 W6221 and T710 for 250$. They seller says that they purchased this set in December 2001 and the washer needs to be serviced. Haven't gotten back to me yet on WHAT needs to be serviced on the washer.

#2 W6222 and T712 for 550$. Purchased in 2006 and no stated problems. Has optional pedestals for both. Owner wanted a washer with less RPMs. (WHY?!?!?!)

Which would you choose. Obviously #2 is still under warranty and is newer. Any known problems with any of these machines? Is one more quiet than the other? Our laundry is in our kitchen to noise is definitely high on our priority list! Your input is greatly valued!

• sarasnow
    17 years ago

My asko dryer is squeaking very loudly. We checked the belt it looks ok. Any suggestions?

• sshrivastava
    17 years ago

ohiomomma, I would steer clear of #1 for sure -- without knowing what's wrong with it, your repair bill could be very high.

Regarding #2, the seller's reason makes no sense. The Asko can go from 400 rpm up to 1,600 rpm (or whatever is the top for that model), so there is no such thing as the RPMs being "too high". Check to make sure Asko's manufacturer warranty is transferrable -- it may not be.

• nycubsfan
    17 years ago

I saw this question posted earlier in the thread, but couldn't find an answer.

I am finding water in the fabric softener compartment of my washer after normal cycles. I couldn't find anything in the manual about the blue cap. Is it removed when using fabric softener? For all washes?

Thanks.

• housekeeping
    17 years ago

Water left in the fabric softener cup is normal, ignore it. The cup works by siphoning, so a little remaining water is just fine. If the the cup still contains undiluted fs, then you need to check that the tiny water outlet above the cup has not become blocked. Run a test load and see (by keeping the drawer partly open that water is entering the cup from above.) If you're not getting water directed down into the cup then try using a toothpick or thin wire to make sure the emitter is not clogged with scale. After checking that, if you're still not getting water you can either take the machine apart yourself to try and resolve the problem or call for service.

HTH,

Molly~

• sshrivastava
    17 years ago

I have some water in the FS compartment as well -- it's a very small amount, nothing to worry about, and won't cause any problems.

What model Asko do you have? How are you liking it so far?

• nycubsfan
    17 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I have the W6021. The FS compartment is always at least half full after a wash. When I use fabric softener it is very diluted at the end and appears to be used.

Can anyone tell me what the removable blue cap in the FS compartment is for? Am I ever supposed to remove it or does it time the release?

It's been great so far. Have had the stackable washer and electric dryer for about a month now. I'm just getting used to the ventless dryer and the longer time it takes, but does a nice job cleaning and with the snow and ice outside I appreciate its convenience even more.

• sshrivastava
    17 years ago

I believe the blue cap in the FS compartment is what creates the siphoning effect that releases the FS into the wash. Keep it in place, otherwise your FS won't release properly. The water in the FS compartment is sucked up through the blue cap thing and then drains into the tub through the tube over which the blue cap fits.

• hybrid8
    17 years ago

Asko makes some nice stuff. But after reading all the threads, I've picked up enough information to stay away from their laundry products. I'll still be picking up an Asko dishwasher though.

Sign number one that you're headed for trouble is that this is the 5th thread on the same topic. Ouch.

Similar to the Fisher and Paykel Dishdrawers, the features and design ideas in Asko's laundry products are desireable and even appealing, but unfortunatelty the overall engineering and robustness just doesn't measure up.

The important trend isn't that some people hate these two brands and some people love them. It's that even the people that love them have had to get them serviced, often multiple times. Sure, stories of wonderful customer support and service experiences are nice to read. But you have to question above all, why so much servicing is required in the first place.

Just not worth the effort and risk at this point. It doesn't seem to be a question of "if" you will need a service call but "when."

I'm sorry to have to drop Asko from my laundry short list. Right now it looks like Miele will get the money if they can release new European-class machines before the fall.

Bruno

• sshrivastava
    17 years ago

I don't think there's any doubt that Miele is the way to go if you want THE BEST. No question. However, would you count my Asko washer as defective if it had a high pitched squeak during spin that only I could hear? My tech thought I was crazy, but he and Asko replaced multiple components until I was satisfied. I think that's great, and I don't consider my product to have contained a defect -- it functioned perfectly well -- and Asko worked hard to correct my specific issue to my satisfaction.

I'm going on 4 years now with no real defects or problems other than the squeak thing which was resolved a year ago. Asko also gives a 3 year warranty where Miele only offers 1 year. There are threads here of people who didn't like their Mieles either, it's all relative.

• hybrid8
    17 years ago

II viewed Asko on par with Miele as far as features and wash quality. Maybe even above as per some reports. It's just the failure rate that really ruins an otherwise stellar product line. Even if some of it is due to user error.

I'm pretty sure I had read about more than a squeek problem with your machine sshrivastava. Maybe it just got mixed in with so many other complaints in that thread. :) I know I'd be bothered with a mystery squeek as well.

I thought I just read recently Miele had a 2 year warranty on their machines. Though I can't seem to find any warranty information on their site at all right now. It might have been Canada-only (the country I'm in) but I'm not sure.

We have longer Nikon warranties and shorter Dyson warranties. It's really a toss up.

I hope Asko's engineers figure out all the small issues here and there that are responsible for these complaints and systematically correct them so we may all see a stable and long-lived series of machines come to market soon.

I'd love to have F&P Dishdrawers, but those are especially buggy. So Asko gets my DW business for the same reasons Miele will probably get it in the laundry.

Bruno

• sshrivastava
    17 years ago

The tail end of your post made me giggle, as I did the same thing but in reverse. Asko got my laundry money and although I was leaning towards an Asko dishwasher initially, I bought a Miele so I could experience "Miele quality". LOL

I have the Asko 6761 washer, which was discontinued in the US and Canada, but is still sold (in a newer revision) elsewhere. It's the model with the large LCD display. I chose it because it gave me very specific control over cycles, temperatures, spin speeds, and showed me the numbers so I knew what I was selecting. My Miele dishwasher, by comparison, shrouds things in mystery -- it has a pasta cycle, a cheese cycle, a pots and pans cycle, normal cycle, etc., but does it tell you what the water temperature of each cycle is? Nope. I had to download the UK manual to get this information. But I digress...

When the tech came out to swap the motor on my Asko washer, I was surprised by how uncomplicated it looked inside. I'm sure there are a lot of components that could go wrong, but in my mind I expected more -- what I saw was pretty much a hollow cabinet with a drum, belt, a circuit board, a pump, and wires. It probably LOOKS simple to someone like me who doesn't know anything about that kind of stuff.

• darex
    17 years ago

Ohiomomma:

I just bought the W6222/T712 last August. The price you're stating seems awfully low for these two. I got a great price on mine, but still paid $1800 for the pair.

These are new for 2006 models with fully electronic controls.

Why would they be selling the pair so cheaply? That would make me very cautious.

Incidentally, I love my Asko pair so far, and both have been completely trouble-free, and do a great job.

To others, I have water residue in the Fab Soft compartment too after a load. I always pull out the tray and drain it in the sink as a matter of course, but I'm sure it's pretty harmless.

David

• ryoy
    17 years ago

I have a W640 washer that does not drain well. It drains so slowly that the wash cycle gets stuck in the middle of a cycle. Will someone tell me how I can remove the drain hose and unclog it? If I can take the bottom front cover off, I think I can see the connection where the drain hose meets the pump. How do I remove the from cover off? Thanks for your help in advance.

• hybrid8
    17 years ago

If you can't find the suitable instructions on the AskoUSA web site, write to them and ask for a copy to be emailed (or snail mailed) to you.

Bruno

• sshrivastava
    17 years ago

I have a W640 washer that does not drain well. It drains so slowly that the wash cycle gets stuck in the middle of a cycle. Will someone tell me how I can remove the drain hose and unclog it? If I can take the bottom front cover off, I think I can see the connection where the drain hose meets the pump. How do I remove the from cover off? Thanks for your help in advance.

Have you checked the pin trap for obstructions?

• svinvest
    16 years ago

I am debating between buying an Asko 6461 washer and 731 dryer (drop shipped from CA) or a LG2277 washer (local Home Depot). Two sales people have told me the Asko is only for families that have less than four people in them because the drum is so small. Has anyone foud this to be true? Also, I was told that I had to buy the Asko dryer because the washer will not plug into the standard 220 dryer outlet on the wall. Is this true? Thanks in advance

• wmwalker
    16 years ago

svinvest - I just switched from the 20605 to the 6461, so I am able to speak from personal experience. I might have agreed with the two sales people had they been talking about the 20605. However, I found the trade off between performance and limited capacity to be well worth it -- so much so that I replaced the 20605 with another ASKO. When I made that decision, I didn't realize that the 6461 has a much greater capacity than did the 20605. I can now do in a single load what I formerly did in two. In fact, I can do in a single load things that I couldn't do in my "extra capacity" top loaders (Maytag, Kenmore, Whirlpool Gold - the Whirlpool was such a dog in terms of performance that I refused to give it away, not even to a stranger).

As for the need to buy an ASKO dryer for the plug, that is a convenience, not a necessity. As I recall (and you can check online for the installation manual), ASKO provides detailed information on what is necessary in terms of electrical supply to install the washing machine without the ASKO dryer. In all likelihood, you will need an electrician to do the work.

wmwalker

• sshrivastava
    16 years ago

I recently developed a weird leak in my 6761 washer, which is 4 years old. I had service come out, he checked all the hoses and could not find anything nor duplicate the problem -- he warranted the service call and said if it still leaks they'll come back out free of charge. Like clockwork, the first load after he left leaked again -- a small amount of water (1/4 cup at most) pools on the floor under the front left corner.

After taking off the top and front panels, running a few loads, and probing into the unit with a flash light, I finally found the culprit -- the large plastic assembly into which you insert the detergent drawer. This assembly is made of two plastic pieces glued together -- the top half, where the water comes in and is distributed through holes, and the bottom half which catches the water and holds the detergent drawer. Over time, the seam between these two plastic pieces warped along the left side, causing water to channel to the front of the assembly and down the metal frame of the washer to the floor. It would drip a little during each fill, and the accumulation after an entire cycle formed a small pool.

I took apart the assembly with three screws, bought some aquarium sealant at the pet store (100% clear silicone), and ran a bead of sealant along the entire length of the seam on both sides. No more leak.

I'm posting this in case anyone else experiences a similar issue.

• wmwalker
    16 years ago

sshrivastava - thanks for the posting. It will go in my ASKO file for future reference just in case.

Also, like you I opted for the ASKO laundry units and the Miele dishwashers.

wmwalker

• tkbalt
    16 years ago

We have the an Asko W620 / T700. Purchased December 2000. Wanted to report that we have never had a service call on the washer and had 2 on the dryer - repair of the known fuse issue at about year 2 (covered under warranty) and dryer belt replacement at year 5.

We initially purchased the set based on size restrictions in our old house. It was our first experience with a smaller capacity FL Washer/Dryer. My wife was initially leary about the change from traditional top loading - but she is an ASKO fan now.

• handymomof4
    16 years ago

Help!! I have an ASKO W6221 and it won't start. This has happened before and it was a dime stuck up in the hole off of the lint trap. Any ideas how to get it out? The repair man last time charged me alot of $$ to do this and I want to do it myself if I can. I am pretty sure that is the problem again, when I pulled out the lint trap I had about 6 pennies and a dime fall out. Thanks!!

• deke
    16 years ago

I just stopped by to browse and saw this:

"...Close to my home is appliance recycle warehouse...I asked the guy if he had gotten in any Euro-Brands. He said yes, a few Miele's he thought they were cheap-expensive junk! I saw a lot of Bosch dishwashers that were also waiting to be recycled."

and feel the need to stick up for my brand. I researched the heck out of my purchase and it was the non-stop Asko horror stories backed up by tales of dread from my Asko dealer that led me to go with Miele. The opinion of some junk man is hardly definitive proof of anything. Maybe the Miele's were 20 years old? What makes a Miele "cheap" in terms of construction, materials and engineering? Asko's are beautiful machines, perhaps the best looking laundry machines there are, and I would have loved to have purchased them, but face it, they have a very bad rap for issues and that is not a nice thing to hear when you are about to drop a few grand.

• imacboy
    16 years ago

WOW..my W6221 just died too. I have been the biggest fan of ASKO but I am starting to question if they are 20 year machines.

The circuit board on the washer just died. Luckily the washer is in the 4-5 year period so we only pay for labor....LOL...only labor...wonder what that will cost? I am guessing your circuit board is bad too. I too had a dime stuck and it wouldn't drain, but not starting is the circuit board. You pust start and it clicks and does nothing...circuit board. Luckily this has been the only repair for the washer.

Now the dryer has had two previous calls for the fuses. When he was out for the washer I told him about the dryer making a sound during drying like someone dropped in a bunch of little steel marbles. He got it to make the noise and it's a bad relay.

Great machines so far, but makes me sad I gave up perfectly good GE top loader and dryer I spent under $600 for and plunked down $1900 for the ASKO set that are having problems before I get to 5 years.

SIGH!

• joe_in_philly
    16 years ago

Hey Imacboy! Nice to see you back.

Sorry to hear about your washer's problem.

Joe

• imacboy
    16 years ago

Thanks Joe...yeah, I have been lurking around for awhile, but fortunately have not had any problems with anything, so had to post what was going on. I sure do love the machines though, just hope this is it for repairs. I am spoiled by them, I can't even think of starting over and finding a new machine, I can't see what would compare...LOL! They clean great! Just hate when high end things go bad = $$$$$$ ; - )

• kaismom
    16 years ago

I have had several expensive repairs on my Asko washer and dryer over the past 8 years. They now work fine and the clothes come out very clean. They do wash clothes beautifully and I cannot go back to the machines where you pick "HOT/WARM/COLD" at this point. However, I am in the market for a washer that has the Asko's cleaning capability with better reliability. I am in the market for remodel reasons not W/D reasons.

(larger capacity at this point is a must for my family..) Miele now makes a 4.0 cf capacity machine. Go figure!

I am looking at Bosch Nexxt, Miele with a larger capacity and Whirlpool Duet with internal heater.

• sshrivastava
    16 years ago

The problem with the new breed of machines is that they won't tell you, in any clear way, what temperature you are selecting beyond "hot, warm, cold", etc. That's what I love about my Asko, and presumably the smaller Mieles -- they actually tell you that your clothes will be washed at 120 degrees, 160 degrees, 85 degrees, etc. I can't relate to hot/warm/cold, I want a number!

My Asko is working fine, I'm coming up on 5 years. I have the models with the digital LCD control panel. I recentaly ran a Heavy cycle at 175 degrees and got a drain fault. I checked the pin trap, there were a few coins in there but nothing that would be alarming. I ran the cycle again, and got another drain fault. Checked the pin trap again and it was totally clear. Anyone know what else could cause a drain fault?

• gordonr
    16 years ago

Things don't bode well here in the US for machines that actually display the temperature.

None of the current generation US market Miele's (30xx or 48xx series) show the actual temperature, but instead display the typical non-descriptive "cold/warm/very warm/hot" aliases. At least Miele defines those terms with actual temperatures although it's been found the machines don't actually heat to those temperatures in all cycles even though they can be chosen. The front panel picture on the Miele website for the 3033 shows that the actual temps are displayed in at least one non-English language version of the machine. Guess Miele market research has shown us Americans too dumb to actually relate to real temperatures.

The future for Asko with their "coming soon" new big machine (WL6511) is following the standardized American path of showing "cold/warm/warm-warm/hot/extra hot" on the control panel.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele 3033 Wash Temps

• imacboy
    16 years ago

Well two weeks later and they are finally here to fix the fried circuit board and dryer relay. He replaced the circuit board and also noted that some ground motor brush? had to be replaced as that is what fried the circuit board? Anyway, glad they FINALLY came today as I leave for Berlin on Monday. Strange...last trip to Paris, the dryer tanked on me...what is up with that? LOL!

Also watch on your warranty. The tech and the stupid appliance store were both going to bill me for parts. Luckily I am up on manuals and such and had to show them where the warranty shows years 4-5 you only pay service. Jeez. However SO happy to have them back running and NOT going to the laundry mat anymore where my clothes are marginally clean at best. ISH! =

• dseps
    16 years ago

Hi imacboy,

Can you tell us what the service cost was on your repair?

Thanks,

Dan

• furd
    16 years ago

I guess I must lead a charmed life. I bought my Asko W620 washer and T700 dryer more than eight years ago and haven't had any trouble until last week when the washer didn't start. There was no indicator light so I checked for power at the washer receptacle on the dryer and it was okay. I checked the fuses on the washer and both were blown.

I swapped the fuses in the dryer for the washer and they immediately blew upon plugging the washer back into the receptacle.

I took the dryer off the washer (stacked pair) and then opened the top of the washer. I love how the top comes off with only three screws. I did some tests and decided the radio interference filter capacitor was shorted. I removed it and reconnected the wiring. I then removed the entire back panel and checked everything else visually. I never saw such a simple machine and everything was in fine shape. I vacuumed out the machine and replaced the back and top panels. I bought some new fuses and replaced them.

I figured since I had the dryer down I should clean it also. It was a bit more of a learning curve but I got it cleaned out and back together. I replaced the fuses and put it atop the washer, plugged it in and reconnected the dryer vent.

All that was on Friday. Today (Sunday) I have completed the fourth load and everything is A-okay.

I think the Asko is a fine machine.

• jerrod6
    16 years ago

Sshrivastava

Any updates about the drain fault you were getting?

• niir
    15 years ago

I have a matched pair of LCD display Askos that are >10yrs old. They have had some servicing but only one recent one that I have paid for (drain motor replacement). We are moving and I am heading out tomorrow to order a new Asko pair for our new house. I LOVE them. Yes, I have cursed a hundred times cleaning coins from the trap but nothing cleans clothes as well. They are great and, considering their use (2-10 loads every day - veterinarians with lots of kids!!). No one who uses good front loaders would ever use anything else. Load size has never been a problem because I would rather wash smaller, color- and fabric matched loAds than one huge load (and besides I can cram the queen duvet in and it washes beautifully). Buy them if you are obsessive about laundry!

• sshrivastava
    15 years ago

The drain fault resolved itself somehow, just disappeared! Weird...

• drdave1958
    15 years ago

My $.02,
    I have a pair of Asko's I've had since Aug/1997. Within the first couple of years the motor went out on the washer (seems to be a common problem) but it was covered under warranty.

Probably around the 5 year mark I replaced the belt on the dryer.

December of 2006 the motor quit on the washer again. I did some reading and bought a set of brushes, replaced them myself (very simple to do) and it's been going strong since.

Over the last couple of years the dryer has been taking longer and longer to dry the clothes. I finally tore into it last week and cleaned out the blower housing. It was nearly closed off. It's back to drying like it did when new.

All of these things seem like normal maintenance to me and I am pleased with the set.

One thing that does bother me is I've repaired wires burnt in two in the top of the dryer on 4 different occasions in recent years. They are the wires to the fuse for the washer. It's only blown a fuse one time since I've had the set. I've never contacted Asko about this or mentioned it on this forum. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks, Dave

• sshrivastava
    15 years ago

Contact Asko regarding the fuse bypass fix on your dryer. It's a known issue, Asko sent a service person out to fix my dryer as well while it was under warranty.

• wileythecat
    15 years ago

I have an asko w620 washing machine. The 'key' button is no longer unlocking/opening the door. Does anyone have a solution for this? Would hope to not have to call in a repairman if I can help it. Thanks!

• jane62
    15 years ago

Hi

I am replacing washer and dryer, the Asko 6903F1 washer and the T793F1 were recommended. does anyone have any experience with these models?

I was reading in the latest consumer's report that a different Asko washer- WL6511 was terrible for vibration.
    As my laundry will be on the top floor of a small building
    I'd like to hear about the recommended model and Asko on
    general

• sshrivastava
    15 years ago

I don't know about the specific models you mention, I have the W6761/T761 pair. My unit has the quattro suspension and I NEVER have any vibration issues. If the unit tested by CS had the quattro suspension, then I would say something was either wrong with their unit or the way it was installed.

My unit cleans well, no issues there. It's been a workhorse for us, very satisfied with the performance and build quality. If I were buying again today I may opt for the large Miele because I could use a larger capacity machine and don't want to sacrifice on the engineering and build quality. Everything else out there, except the Miele and Asko, seem so cheaply made.

• sunderbug
    15 years ago

I have had this issue with my older asko 6441. I dont know if newer models have the possibily of this issue but its worth a try. where the water drains out the little "fan" pushes the water up the pipe. This pipe is large enough to allow a dime to be flipped up into it but the dime gets stuck in the pipe and flips back and forth sometimes allowing water to go through unrestricted and othertimes cutting off the flow. Try blowing back on the drain pipe and see if that brings one out, otherwise remove the bottom panel and take the hose off the top of the lint trap and visually make sure there isnt one in it. I have had it happen multiple times.

• chrisppy
    14 years ago

Yikes,

I pulled out the detergent drawer and found a bunch of mildew, the majority of which was more in the direction of the fabric softener. I also wondered about the "blue" plug which I read above was necessary and I also experience an amount of diluted fabric softener left after a complete cycle.

There was a lot of gunk to clean up underneath this drawer making me think that there is still something not completely processing.

Any one get the mildew? Suggestions? (I live in semi-arid California to boot..)

/k

• kmdunningaia
    14 years ago

I had an ASKO washer & dryer (model: washer W660 Quattro 1600rpm; dryer ???). The reason I don't know the dryer model # is that it burned up (LITERALLY). But I digress . . .

My question is: How do I use my ASKO washer without having the companion dryer? If this seems like a stupid question (which perhaps it is), I should note that the washer plugged into the dryer as its power source. Is it alright to run a separate 220 line for the washer and then plug the washer into the wall?

I have purchased a different mfr. dryer and don't want to use it until I know for certain that I can use the ASKO washer with it. The "expert" at the showroom where I purchased the dryer said it would be no problem, but then again he didn't mention that I needed a 220 either.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Karen

• steve_a
    14 years ago

Karen, The question of whether you can run another 220v line is really for your electrician. If you have enough "service"at your box, etc, you can run one. The washer doesn't care what it's plugged into, but make sure that the outlet also meets the minimum rating for amps as specified by Asko. Of course it will cost you. YOu can buy other dryers that have a 220v outlet for the washer: Bosch for one (check specific models of course). Can you return or exchange the dryer? Might be a bit cheaper than the electrician's bill.

• alwaysl8lp_verizon_net
    13 years ago

I have an Asko T700 dryer and am trying to replace the drum roller. The directions say to remove the drum nut with a jerk and then the shaft. The drum nut is a round plastic dome. How do I remove it?