Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is the Maytag 4000 series this machine?

Posted by kath0000 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 27, 09 at 14:24

I bought the Maytag washer 4.5cu ft washer about 3 weeks ago at Best Buy. It was the MHWE450WW. I got a washer that says "4000 series" on it. Is this the right machine? What is the difference between that at the MHWE400WW?? I can't tell by looking at pix on line but I am concerned I got the wrong machine (the interior seems much smaller than my 10 year old top loading machine).

I can't even tell from the Maytag website! Thanks for any advice.

Katherine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is the Maytag 4000 series this machine?

Both of those washers are Maytag 4000 series you'll have to find the model number on your washer to be sure its a 450.

o

I don't understand. Didn't you look at it before you bought it? Seems to me you would have seen the appearance of it being smaller if you did. But to put your mind at ease, or to confirm your suspicion, you can just look at the model number on the unit. It's probably on on the back of the machine. Double check your receipt too. Just to make sure you were sold the machine you wanted, then confirm they delivered the machine you bought.

Keep in mind that the front loader will not have the agitator taking up space so the capacity can be deceiving when you just look into it.

o

I bought the 4000 series in Jan. What a piece of crap. I had a Neptune before and it was great. This one doesn't wash worth a hoot. I will NEVER buy another Maytag product if this is an example of their current workmanship.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here