Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrical Outlet Placement

Posted by aloha2009 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 8, 11 at 13:48

We're adding a few electrical outlets in the utility room and are wanting the placment in unconventional places, ie inside the closets & under the built in ironing board. For those that have outlets in your closet and/or have a built in ironing board.

1. At what height did you place your closet outlets and why?

2. Did you "center" your outlets or put them to the side?

3. Do you have a single outlet with 2 plug capability or a double outlet with a 4 plug capability? I realize it's cheap for the double but seems a bit overkill.

4. Where do you plug your iron in for those with a built in ironing board. I thought we could place it in the 15" "gap" below the ironing board. What do you have and how does it work for you?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrical Outlet Placement

Love your question - just last night I was wandering around my house thinking that if I ever build a house I will line the walls, hallways, kitchen, closets and bathrooms with outlets. I have the usual outlets in my house but I can never reach one. Drives me nuts.

I vote to put as many in as you can. The bigger the better. The cost difference is minimal once you pay the electrician to install them.

Good luck and enjoy all those outlets - I am very envious.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here