Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front-load washer shakes all over... Remedies?

Posted by LakeMartinGal (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 30, 10 at 13:01

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport pair (washer/dryer) and the washer walks all over! They are both on pedestals. I'm moving them to a new house, and I was wondering what the latest and best cure is for this moving of the machine? My back will positively not take shoving the darn thing back in place after each load!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front-load washer shakes all over... Remedies?

Is this new or has the washer always done this?

Duets (all of the machines, really) have awfully good suspension components. Assuming they are not broken, your problem is likely unequal bearing on the supporting feet. The machine must have even support down there. Not talking about "levelling" -- anything close to level is fine. Talking about equal weight-bearing on the feet. If the suspension components can't bear evenly on those supports, they can't do their job. I suspect that's what's happened to you. Suspect they were not properly adjusted in the beginning or have come out of adjustment. Could be wrong, but this is usually the problem.

Tedious, but not difficult to remedy if that's your problem. A little harder with pedestals but not too bad. Will take a couple of short paragraphs to describe. Please advise.

o

Asolo, please give me your paragraphs on the weight-bearing! DH will be doing the work, and he is very mechanical, so I don't think it will be a problem... I appreciate your help!

o

I can sympathize... I have a 120 year old house that has the most unstable laundry room floor I've ever seen. I don't have the same problem you do but if my LG front loader with truebalance goes into an unbalanced spin, the whole room starts to bounce...

o

Sorry no time to write right now. However, if you do search function at this site using "dynamic balance" you will encounter an exchange between me and panamamike from April that will have pretty much everything I would write here.

If you can't find it, hang out for a day or so and I'll be back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here