Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Detergent Deeply Discounted Today

Posted by sr712 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 13:00

At least at my local Sears, all powdered HE detergents were greatly reduced. The Oxy was 50% off. $10 off each of the others. I did not see this online, as I check often, but thought I'd take a chance and see. I stocked up. Don't see the Oxy on sale much.

The salesperson said the sale was up tomorrow. These have been my fav detergents since we got our FL machines 7 years ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Detergent Deeply Discounted Today

They're on sale everywhere because Sears is phasing out their laundry products! :-( There are only 2 stores in my area and I use the orange and green box and one store had 1 box left and the other had 5.

This was brought up in the Automatic Washer forum. Sad that one of the best detergents I've used is going away.

o

Oh Charter, I hate to hear that they are not going to be making that detergent. I've been using it for years. Bummer.

o

my local Sears had the big orange boxes at a modest discount, $3 off the regular price of $24 or so. Not a big enough savings to make me buy one (my last box was half price). Surprised of the discontinuance since it seemed to sell well. It was easy to find, cheap, and worked well - been using it for the last decade. Anyone knows who manufacturered it? Sears doesn't make their own stuff.

o

I read about the discontinuation in the Automatic Washer.org forum; however, someone else stated that they were just getting rid of old stock and starting a new "design?" or something like that.

When I looked at Sears website for my area yesterday, there was a different looking box that did 180 loads, it was orange and green and looked similar to the "Advanced" box but just a little different. This was not there Friday and just appeared yesterday, so I don't know what the true deal is. I'm only stating what I read in the other forum and what others were talking about.

I do hope that it is just a change of design and they will keep selling it.

...and don't ya know it's so hard to find out who actually makes it and what's actually in it. Last I read, someone said it was made by DeSoto but I definitely have never found an MSDS for it. I thought all chemical products like detergents had to have an MSDS.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here