Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Dryer drums: stainless? porcelain? polymer?

alisande
17 years ago

I see that most of you are into the higher-end laundry machines, but I could use some help choosing between three mid-priced Whirlpools. They are (with Best Buy prices):

Whirlpool 7.0 Cu. Ft. 9-Cycle Super Capacity Electric Dryer - White WED5800SW - $449

Whirlpool 7.0 Cu. Ft. 9-Cycle Super Capacity Plus Electric Dryer - White WED5830SW - $404

Whirlpool Cabrio 7.0 Cu. Ft. Super Capacity Plus 7-Cycle Electric Dryer - White WED6200SW - $539

The first one listed has a stainless steel drum, the second one a porcelain drum, and the third is made of a polymer. I always lean toward stainless, but what do I know? When it comes to dryers, not much. I haven't even looked at them in over a decade.

According to Best Buy's comparison chart, there aren't that many differences among the three models. The Cabrio has no interior light, but I can't remember if my present dryer has one or not. (I told you I don't know much!)

If any of you can recommend one over the others (or put in a plug for another favorite), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Susan

Comments (4)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022