Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

Got my Miele set!!

No-Clue
11 years ago

Hi,

So after calling all around the country I located a set about an hour away. BRAND new still wrapped up so we just bought the set and took them home even though we're moving in less than 10 days! I didn't want to take any chances knowing how quickly the Miele full size units go.

Now the bad news, the washer was NOT exactly what I wanted. I wanted the w4842 but they only had w4802 which does not have the display screen. :( But what it lacked in some features it made up for the size. I needed the full size so I had to compromise. Plus they had the matching full size dryer T9822 Gas Dryer which was exactly what I was looking for since it will cost us too much money to add the 220V for the compact Electric dryer.

So all in all I'm over the moon! I can't wait to open them up and start using them.

Now the question I have is... who should I call to get them installed properly? Since my laundry room is on the second floor I am nervous that these tanks might shake the foundation lose or something crazy!

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Comments (6)

• dave1812
    11 years ago

wow, I can't believe installation isn't part of the purchase. did you order on line??

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

FINALLY moved and had the units installed by a Certified Miele service man. I have been using them since Friday and I must say I'm absolutely in love!!

I bought Persil and everything smells sooo clean and fresh! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I bought the rubber feet for both units and thus far I have no issues w/ walking feet or vibration other than during the spinning cycle and even then it's not too bad. My previous Kenmore would shake the windows and the chandeliers and scared my kids. But I'm pleasantly surprised at how well these units are running.

So in the end I'm glad I went out of my way to find the Miele set. Happily doing my laundry every day. :)

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm glad you got Miele-certified installers and that you are enjoying the machines.
    We have the electric dryer, and I really like it a LOT. I didn't need to replace the old dryer, but wanted a matching set. This one is so much nicer and gentler heat! Clothes come out so soft that I can not imagine needing fabric softener.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Cavimum,

To be honest I was a little concerned about some posts regarding the wrinkles when using Miele. But I'm happy to report I experience no such thing. All our clothes came out soft and fluffy and with minimal wrinkles. And I too do not use any fabric softener (not liquid or the sheets).

I'm out of things to wash today... LOL. I can't wait for Kinetico to install my water softener which I hear will make my whites whiter? Who would have thought laundry can be so much fun! Haha.

• sshrivastava
    11 years ago

Once you have your water softener installed, you will probably need to reduce your detergent dose by 50%-75%.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh good call! Thank you for that reminder. I was filling the cap of Persil pretty full... so I better cut that by half then. Kinetico installer is coming Dec 26th! I cannot wait to see if it will make a difference. :)