Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tntaad

Electrolux Problems

tntaad
10 years ago

It was a sad day for me. I have owned my Electrolux washer and dryer for a little over 2 years now. Dryer model number 4D92300581. About 8 days ago the dryer shot 18 inch flames out of the drum area. We called a repair man out. Only to find that the bracket holding down the motor failed swinging the motor 90 degrees and slamming the wire harness into the pulley almost severing all electrical wires in the harness it was beyond repair. The repair man told me that he had never seen this before and thought Electrolux should comp the parts I would still have to cover the cost of repairs. After talking with Electrolux I agreed to take their 50% comp on parts needed because I had out of town guests and needed a dryer. Electrolux told me that they would do a follow up call the next day to order the parts. I did not receive a call the next day and by the time i realized it they were closed. Unfortunately the next day was Thanksgiving so I thought i would talk to them on Friday. NOPE CLOSED I spoke with them this morning and they told me they would order the parts but it would take another 7-10 days until they arrived UPS ground!!! I told them that was completely unacceptable and that they should give the customer the option to upgrade shipping for a fee she said well you can upgrade after the order was placed and my credit card was charged. She then told me that if I wanted to cancel the order and wait for my card to be reimbursed they could go ahead and do a second order with the shipping. She finally told me that they would just comp the shipping. That was big of them since I am paying for 50% of parts i should not be paying for in the first place! I was going to buy an Electrolux range but after discussing it with my husband we have decided that we would not purchase Electrolux again :)

Comment (1)