Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elphaba_gw

Help - need soution - w/d stack removal from tight fit alcove

elphaba_gw
11 years ago

We're in the middle of major remodel of a hall bath. An alcove (i.e. closet without a door) for a washer/dryer stack is part of the requirements. In the middle of that now when I realize because it is a tight fit, it is going to be a HUGE DEAL if and when we decide to replace machines or if they need maintenance to the extent they need to be pulled out of alcove. Doesn't help that these machines are fairly large Samsung, not compact.

Opinions?

I think I've got SOME help with this problem because I am requiring access panels in back (on wall in a spare room).

BUT the REAL problem is if these machines need to be removed. I could give space dimensions but I will not unless someone feels they need it. What I'm thinking is that casters might be the solution. Stack could be rolled out and then moved sideways down a 36 inch aisle out the door which is also 36 inches.

Problem is I can't find anywhere on the web where this has been done before. I'm particularly worried about vibration with the casters. Think I need REALLY heavy duty casters attached to some kind of platform? Do I need to worry about ventilation?

Also, some issues with stability if both are rolled out together? Anyone with experience on this? Maybe wall on the side of alcove which borders a hallway could be made to be easily "destroyed"? (Hopefully this last option isn't only one because that "ship may have already sailed".)

Comments (4)