Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Creasing in ironing

Posted by sharon620 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 29, 11 at 11:21

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year!

Could anyone tell me how to get the crease in the same place on pants as before (when needed) when ironing ? I have tried lining up the seams but that doesn't seem to work.
I get different seem lines up the center of the pants :(

Thank you!
Sharon

Ps. Thank you for all your suggestion on stain removers! I will try them all !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Creasing in ironing

Practice! LOL!

Here's how I do it: grab the pants with both hands at each end of the crease and place as flatly on board as you can. THEN, using the palms of your hands, run over the pants starting from the center, to smooth out any wrinkles that may be present, making sure not to "roll" the crease away from the edge. Keeping the pant leg tight using your free hand, carefully iron the crease FIRST, starting at the middle and working your way to both ends.

Hope that helps. and practice, practice, practice.

o
RE: Creasing in ironing

It's best if you follow the old crease lines. Lining up the outer and inseams works from hem on up to around the knee, and then it goes wonky due to extra fabric needed in the inseams area for sitting & walking.
Keep the crease on the straight grain and follow those old crease lines. Sometimes dampening or misting with a white vinegar & water mixture will help set the crease, but it depends a lot on the fabric. Worth a try, though, and it won't hurt the pants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here